icon

ground noise with deck off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tallard03 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

For some reason there is a horrible noise when i turn my car on.  I'm assuming that it's a ground noise but i'm not sure.  A few people that i asked told me that they ran into the same issue and that it was the gorund.  This only happens when the deck is off.  It's like the bass is hitting really loud and constant until i turn the deck on.  I've tried running the ground to different areas but it still happens.  Could it be the settings on the amp??? Or is it the ground??? Please help me guys.   Thanks...

mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
not only a bad ground but it sounds as if they wired you amp direct and that will kill your battery, so don't be suprised if you come out one day and your car doesn't start.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds to me like it could be a bad RCA cable or the gain on the amplifier is cranked way too high (with too low an impedance load) and it is going into uncontrolled overload.  Turn that gain down (SET IT PROPERLY) and check your RCAs!
Support the12volt.com
tallard03 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Alright I turned the gain down on the amp and the noise went away,  but now the subs sound like crap???!!!  Whats going on here?? Please help guys.
1stclass 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Check your remote turn on wire.  If it is hooked into the acc. wire it can cause it to hum until the car is turned off or the radio is turned on. 
tallard03 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
Man I can't figure this out, the only thing I can do to make the damn noise go away is to turn the gains way done but then like I said the subs sound like crap. Is it possible that if i moved the ground to yet another area and went to a higher gauge it would go away?? 
elicoleman 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Check your RCA wires and see if they are near the power cables. This will give you interference.  It could also be the ground, but sounds unlikely to me. Have you tried the other suggestions above? Is the remote wire hot all the time? Also check the voltage of the remote wire and make sure it is 12v. It may be connected to a low voltage wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic