Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
demonpossessedn 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2006 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  

hello everyone.

I am going to install a viper 791xv into my 2005 subaru imprezza wrx, 5 speed

I can only find wiring guides for regular 2005 imprezza's not too sure if they will work for me. anyone know?

I installed a viper 791xv into my 1997 mitsubishi 3000gt , automatic  about a year and a half ago, so I am feeling a little bit rusty.

Subaru was kind to include a neutral safety switch, even though I'm not sure how to hook it up because my 3000gt  was an auto.

any help will be appreciated

thanks in advance

1stclasso 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2006 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  

Not sure if the wrx is the same as the regular, but i would use the diagrams that u have found as a guide to which wires to test! Remember to always DMM all your wires that way u will not be misled!!

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2006 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
I can give you very specific instructions, but I don't have time right now. Drop me a PM to remind me.
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
NASIDC is the place to go, they know everything you will need to know about fitting remote starts to subaru's.
It's an esy install. Imprezas are simple to work on.
demonpossessedn 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2006 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

Jworm your pm inbox is too full I can't send you a pm

also I already searched on nasioc.com for remote start instructions and i can only find for a 02

thanks again everyone

demonpossessedn 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  

I just had a few questions concerning some wiring for a 5 speed remote start with viper 791xv

right now i am bypassing the clutch with the ground when remote starting

neutral wire from the 791xv is connected to the parking brake- so the car wont attempt to start unless the parking brake is up

all i have to do next is connect the tach wire and hood pin wires

i'm just not sure how do i diode the hood pin wire with the neutral safety wire from the cars ecu, so i guess it means i have to hook up the provided hood pin.

the tach wire should be easy - i plan on tapping it directly from the ecu

after i get some help i can finally put my car back together

thanks again everyone

bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
hoodpin is a seperate wire from neutral safety.
hoodpin should be grey on the remote start harness there and doesn't have to be connected in order to work.
Generally in moist areas i connect a neutral safety switch in line to ground so that when your switch is in the off position the car won't start. here you don't have to worry about it getting damp, moist and corroding and causing mroe pain in the arse stuff.
as far as tach goes.
if you run into any problems with it run voltage sense, not as reliable though.. but still works ok.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
demon....I just replied to your email and PM. Hopefully you didn't try connecting the hood pin and neutral wire together. That is the method on 2002-04 Subarus.
demonpossessedn 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

i still have not yet hooked up the neutral wire(from the car) and hood pin , perhaps a diagram of how to diode these wires? that would be great

and i stioll have not hooked up the tach wire(that will be easy)

also on my BLACK/ white wire from the 791xv  (neutral wire ) i connected it to my parking brake wire and now my brake light(on dash indicator ) wont turn off. do i need to connect the toggle switch provided?

thank you all for your help and i will try any ideas when i get off work today

thanks again 

demonpossessedn 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

jworn. I received your last email , however the attachment didnt make it there

I am posting here just incase you see this and not the email

I Think i can connect this without the diagram . All i have to to is daisy chain the brake shutdown to the brake wire to the wire to the neutral wire from the ecu, a 1 didode soldered before the ecu connection. 

791xv's brake shutdown wire--------------brake wire from car-----------------diode with stripe side towards ecu------------ecu's neutral wire

as soon as i get the ok I'll go for it

thanks again

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic