icon

Alarm goes off when i close the trunk

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, f550maranello2 is right-----a quality aftermarket car alarm should work seamlessly and smartly, just like factory ones do...........this is an example of why so many people hate car alarms.
f550maranello2,
You're perfectly in the right to want your system to work as well as it should, but I do have to say, these other guys are right.
To prevent the problem, here are the things you can do.
--Remember to have the whole car unlocked whenever you are going into the trunk.
--Close the trunk gently.
--Lower the sensitivity of the shock sensor.
--Disconnect the shock sensor altogether.
--Here would be the best way, if you have the know-how, or the money to pay a pro to do this:
Take the pinswitch wire from the car's trunk, have it activate a relay, and use the relay to interrupt the shock sensor, so it can't work when the trunk is open.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
Take the pinswitch wire from the car's trunk, have it activate a relay, and use the relay to interrupt the shock sensor, so it can't work when the trunk is open.

If this is the best way, could you explain to me what would happen in this situation.....

Lets say I am a theif and I pry open his trunk. This would trigger the relay to bypass the shock sensor and not set the alarm off as Im stealing everything out of his trunk. Is that correct? If so, how is this relay the best method?

"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:

If this is the best way, could you explain to me what would happen in this situation.....

Lets say I am a theif and I pry open his trunk. This would trigger the relay to bypass the shock sensor and not set the alarm off as Im stealing everything out of his trunk. Is that correct? If so, how is this relay the best method?

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
killer sonata wrote:

Chris Luongo wrote:

First, opening the trunk will set off zone 1 (which is trunk sensor)
That has nothing to do with shock sensor (zone 2)
Understand? Alarm goes off when i close the trunk - Page 2 -- posted image.
Besides, shock sensor wouldn't set the alarm off if some pry open the trunk.
Or are you thinking that using Chris' method disarms the alarm, because it doesnt, just zone 2
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
From what all has been said so far, when he opens the trunk the alarm does not go off, only when he shuts it. So this means that the alarm is not hooked up the the trunk. so if a relay bypasses the shock sensor, when a thief rips open the trunk and shakes the car stealing stuff, the alarm will not go off. Am I right or am I missing something?
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
killer sonata,
im pretty sure topic starter meant he is remote opening his trunk. This causes zone 1 to be temporarily by-passed. Understand?
But if a thief pries open the trunk, zone 1 wont be by-pass so the alarm will go off. This has nothing to do with shock sensor, the trunk sensor will cause the alarm to sound.
Yes you are correct in thinking that when the trunk is open, the shock sensor wont sound if he uses Chris' method of by-passing the shock sensor. But common sense tells me that noone will steal stuff out of a trunk and shake the car triggering the shock sensor anyways. (unless he falls in and shake the car? dont know why you would need shock sensor when trunk is open)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic