icon

Avic-n2 fried?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdp12 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2006 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

OK so I did the bypass with the circuit pen as described in the bypass post and everything looked good.  Then I plug everything in and the unit lights up the screen comes out and then....the blue lights go out and the screen stays dark.   No buttons do anything.  I rechecked all connections and everything is good and tight.   Pressed the reset button and the blue lights come on, the screen goes in and then back out and the lights go out and the screen never lights up.

The bypass circuit is clean, not touching anything else, just the correct two pins connected. 

So why would it work and have power to open the screen but not show me anything.  Did I miss something?  Did I really fry this thing?  I'd appreciate any input.  From Avic-n2 experts.

Thanks!

scooternalberta 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  

i have also posted  a question last week,just about a hundred views no help though

im haveing problems with bypass also,not much help availible here

scott

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
There is a ton of help availible on this forum, however since watching Video while driving is considered illigal this forum does not support it. Thats why people shy away from answering these types of questions. As for the Original question, I would try to undo what you did for the bypass and see if it starts working again. As well, did you ever see this thing function or is it possible that the unit was defective from the get go?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jdp12 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the replies friends, and sorry for bringing up a taboo subject on this board.  I'm a noob and a first time poster so I apologize if I offended anyone.

Although I will say this.  I didn't attempt the bypass to watch video while driving. That's just stupid and as you mentioned illegal.  I did it to have the essential desination and nav search functions available while moving.  And NO, I don't mean so I as the driver could mess around with them while driving, but in my opininon it's perfectly acceptable for my passenger to do the inputting.  That's what a co-pilot is for.   So being that there is a perfectly legal usage for this bypass, I don't look at the bypass itself as breaking the law ( or discussing it on message boards).  I've done my research and for certain, any DVD or video playing on any screen forward of the drivers seat is illegal (at least in my state of CA), however, it is entirely legal for the front seat passenger (and even the driver although I wouldn't recommend it) to use (full functioning) GPS or navigational aids while driving, and certainly it's not illegal to have the "capability" of watching video while driving, you only break the law when you actually turn on a video in the drivers view.

At any rate, yes, sadly my AVIC was working at one point, then did the bypass and added a CD changer and now nada.  I did clean off the posts, isolated them from all the surrounding circuitboards but I still have the same problem.

neal1154@yahoo. 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  

PM me. all that's is wrong with your unit (if the soldering was clean and not touching) is you may have a blown internal fuse or a transistor

g_twinz 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2006 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
where can i find how to bypass the AVIC-N2 so that my co-pilot can operate the full functions of the GPS Navigation
G_twinz
full_flex 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
jdp12 wrote:
I plug everything in and the unit lights up the screen comes out and then....the blue lights go out and the screen stays dark.   No buttons do anything.  I rechecked all connections and everything is good and tight.   Pressed the reset button and the blue lights come on, the screen goes in and then back out and the lights go out and the screen never lights up.

The bypass circuit is clean, not touching anything else, just the

same problem here...  AVIC-N2 worked since the beginning of January 06 and the screen stopped coming on about 2 weeks ago, July 06...  the screen is actually still on, it's just very, very dark...  you can still press the buttons on the screen if you already have the position of the track buttons memorized ..  the normal physical buttons stopped working also, luckily the volume button still works.

can this be a fuse or what?  i'll be investigating this later on today, i will report my findings here..  thanks.

franko1 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2006 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

To JDP12

"OK so I did the bypass with the circuit pen as described in the bypass post and everything looked good.  Then I plug everything in and the unit lights up the screen comes out and then....the blue lights go out and the screen stays dark. ..."

I was wondering if you found out what went wrong with your unit? The same exact thing is happening to me with my AVIC-N2. I did my best to make sure that nothing other than the 2 pins were touched. I even removed the solder and reconnected the unit but still the same problem. I wonder if a fuse or something got blown. One thing I did was that I didn't disconnect the battery before detaching and reattaching the unit (I forgot :-( ) so fuse may be the most possible cause. Also like you, I just want to get my NAV buttons working, don't care about and have no intention of watching any videos while I'm driving!! Thanks. 

kcmedic 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Any luck full_flex?  I have the same problem (screen and buttons don't work)
full_flex 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  

No luck just yet, although there is another problem..  now my screen doesn't come out at all, even when i press the button to open it.  lol

i'll let you know if i come up with anything else.. 

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic