icon

DEI’s Snakepit Training School

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

I have looked around at a lot of schools.  The very first one I found was the installer institute.  Then I found Mobile Dynamics, and have settled down with the idea of making that my school.  It seems they cover a lot of indepth stuff.

I should let you know, I have NOT attended there yet, but I like what I see.

No comment on Snake Pit, can't say anything negative about them, it may be the perfect choice, but the way Mobile Dynamics is presented on their website, that seems to be the school for me.

Also, just to be fair, there is a topic on here about mobile dynamics too....

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=76142&KW=mobile+dynamics

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
I got all interested in going to Mobile Dynamics too, for the 11week course in Canada. Sort of a paid vacation time from work, doing some cool stuff...probally learn alot more, and have an extra peice of paper that say I should be paid more......to make a long story short, Best Buy didnt go for it ,lol
rtfm
Melted Fabric 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

No offense to you guys, my fellow fabbers, but I fawking can't stand best buy's car audio section.  The setup/product selection just seems cheap, and they don't have real big brands/models, there is stuff I can only get online or through independent stereo shops.  That being said, I bought my first deck from theme, an little $89 AIWA deck.

I had to return it, it crapped out, not their fault but probably AIWA's.  This was before I got into car audio and started doing my own installs.

My bigger for not liking them, is the prices they have and the models they offer.  I just feel someone should take their stuff to a quality independent shop rather than "adequate" quality best buy offered products.

I am sure the technician's do a good job, but it is the policies set by big bosses of that corporation that kill my attittude for certain areas of that store.  I like going there to get media, cables, etc... maybe even appliances., but I also know a bunch of people who work there, and have worked there.

Management, throughout over 4 stores in this area, just suck.

From a consumer point of view, minus the car audio section, I like best buy.

When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
techguy688 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
I've attended The Snake Pit last year. It was a good school. I only attended a two week course. it covered Electronics/MECP cert, vehicle alarm install, video install, and real time installation with some wood fabrication/shop safety. the classes were well structured and all the instructors have been in the business for several years. The Snake Pit is owned by Directed electronics. They dont push there equipment, but they do use it( besides they own like 10 differnt brands of alarm, equipment and speaker companies) They have the funding to support the school. DEI’s Snakepit Training School -- posted image. The facilities were new and well designed. The shop was clean and organized. They are expanding there shop this year and adding more square footage of Garage space. The cost is also very reasonable. If you live in the So Cal area it's not far and you don't have to take 8 or 11 week out of you schedule ( or Job). You can take a week long class as needed.. I flew from the east coast to go to the course and I thought it was worth it. The instructors also work the directed electronics customer support. So they are very current on the problems that occur in the garage during installs. Their show cars are built on site and the booth at the CEA show last year was huge... Call them they will give you a free t shirt with your free tour of the school. I looked at mobile dynamics,it looks good, but I cant fit that long of a school into my schedule or my budget right now.They are very accomidating. For whats its worth...
Just because you've done something for a long time doesn't mean you're any good at it.
Cable Ties Rock!
josh1979 
Silver - Posts: 320
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
i went to mobile dynamics in toronto canada when i went it was the only accredited school. i recomond it for people who have a clue all ready, lots out sound theroy as whell as basic electronics. the man who runs the school is a smart guy he wright the tech pages it car audio and electronics mag. toronto was lots of fun if you like hot girls and clubs that are wild as hell this is the scholl for you. o and i learned a lot too.
bring back the rotary phone so i dont have to press 1 to proceed in english
Melted Fabric 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
josh1979 wrote:
was lots of fun if you like hot girls and clubs that are wild as hell
You could have left that part out man, if I go up there and get around that, my attention in class will suffer, thinking about women and clubbing hahahaha.
josh1979 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
man we wen out every night and got f'ed up and i never missed a class never even late, graduated top of the class even got directors refference and we were out to 4-5 AM we got so messed up one night the guy who drove left the club to go get his truck an hour later me and the others were like where did he go so we took a cab home 4 of us baraly had enought cash to pay .the next morning we found the guy who drove all he had was a cops card and on the back of it the cop wrought the intersection where he left his car and called him a cab. the clubs were about an 45min drive from the hotel ih truck was an hour and a half away he rembered nothing, by the way thay have moved campus sence ive been there.when i went thay put us up in the howard johnson, it just so happen that this stripc lub a few miles down the road inported hookers and stripers from around the world and this is where thay put them up at, so if we were not at the club we were hanging out with all the hoes. man the stories i could tell.
Melted Fabric 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
lmao, the way you just typed that post seems like the effects of that night STILL did not wear off, if it is possible for anyone to "slur" their text, you just pulled it off.
That is crazy though man. I think I will just head over to Arizona for now, and hit up Mobile Dynamics. Cah-nay-dah will get me in trouble. I still will go party out there, can't wait to see what that country is like, but let me get   my training done first.
josh1979 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  

Melted Fabric wrote:
lmao, the way you just typed that post seems like the effects of that night STILL did not wear off, if it is possible for anyone to "slur" their text, you just pulled it off.
That is crazy though man. I think I will just head over to Arizona for now, and hit up Mobile Dynamics. Cah-nay-dah will get me in trouble. I still will go party out there, can't wait to see what that country is like, but let me get   my training done first.

no it wore off i just cant type or spell to save my life.

Melted Fabric 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
It will get better with time.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic