icon

lost factory lights w viper791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phonedrn8 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

Just got my alarm installedon Monday and now i notice that I lost my factory features lights for inside and out the ones under the mirrors when i arm and disarm the system . also lost the horn feature when it goes into alarm..Is the normal or can the system be programed to bring these features?

2001 Chevy Tahoe LT w a viper 791 xv, shock, tilt, audio glass, pizzzeo and back up battery siren

Phonedrn8
Las Vegas, Nv
01 Chevy Tahoe loaded Tan
03 honda S2000 Blue
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Im pretty sure you have the new 06 model alarm with horn and channel 6
Are you saying that your parking light doesnt work anymore? Or your domelight doesnt turn on when you unlock.
And when you say you "lost the horn feature when it goes into alarm", do you mean that the horn doesnt sound when the alarm goes off?
If its the domeligh your talking about, the installer must hook that up with a relay for domelight to work. (he probably didnt)
Im assuming the horn problem is that you want the horn to sound when the alarm goes off with the siren. Well, look at your program book. page 46.
the installer must have set it to "Siren function"- it sound when it arms/disarms
changing it to "horn function" (default)- it only sounds when alarm is at full trigger
Please be more clear in what you are saying
bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
There is a bypass module used to control most of your features through the data wire in the car.
this part does not operate perimeter lighting in gm full size suvs.
no under body lights (steps)
no mirror lights (facing down)
have them call DEI for a fix. or find out when the upgraded part will be available
i'm still waiting for the upgrade because the customer doesn't want to pay for what i need to do to make it work
phonedrn8 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
i wish they wold do that it would be nice
Phonedrn8
Las Vegas, Nv
01 Chevy Tahoe loaded Tan
03 honda S2000 Blue

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic