icon

Subs, what to buy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
I never said that...I'm just saying I dont really like bandpass boxes...I listen to rock and have my lowpass around 90-100...at 60 it doesn't sound as good.
neon bright 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
I've been able to get my hands on a Rockford Punch P2 12" sub and decided on a ported box. I was going to try my luck at making the box myself but figured it was best to let someone who knows what they are doing make it,sure it's gonna cost me more but I think of it as peace of mind. Thanks to all who have contributed to my post and all valuable information, thanks again.
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry aznboi3644 if I came off a bit harsh...
aznboi3644 
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
It's cool man...I can take it..lol
Also just call me Azn..its easier haha
Neon, if your looking to spend around 200 I would suggest the Boston Acoustics G2 12 inch sub...A LOT better quality and better sounding than the Fosgate P2.
The Alpine Type E even sounds better than the Fosgate...I've heard both back to back in sealed boxes to spec.
Those cones on the Rockford Punch series subs are made from really crappy plasic...they aren't durable at all...Only thing I'll say good about them is that they can get loud and deep when in the right box.
But for that money the Boston is ten times better.
neon bright 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I was told the same thing on saturday when I went looking so I never got them. I went looking at a few stores but I couldn't find Boston Acoustics as the stores don't carry them around here, the typical result cause I live in a small city. There is one store that sells Alpine but they were pretty pricey so in was an in and out quest. I want a good decent sub that won't cost me an outrageous price, yes I know the term "you get what you pay for" but I would think 200 just for a sub is not a cheap budget, IMO
aznboi3644 
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
Why don't you just order from an online store if you can't find any subs you like in your city?
neon bright 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'm a cash in hand guy, done the online order, been burned, so if I can't find it in a store then I wasn't meant to get it.
aznboi3644 
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
That means you gotta travel to get it...My friend drove like 3 or 4 hours away to get a pair of Boston Acoustics G2 10's cuz no one here sells Bostons...worth it though cuz he got them for a good deal at a shop.
Sometimes you just gotta take a road trip.
neon bright 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
I went to their website, I was able to find a place within an hour that carries them. So this weekend looks like I'll be going to Belleville haha
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
Or a fine Canadian retailer like myself or Jeff would be glad to help you as well.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic