icon

How to wire SPDT lit switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
groggy23 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

I have a SPDT switch that has a lit on button, pic below.  It has the usual 3 prongs behind it.  I have it wired to turn on my angel eyes.  With switched 12v source in the middle, and remote turnon on the bottom(off position).  However the light in the button doesn't work.  Do I have it wired right?

How to wire SPDT lit switch -- posted image.

12vdeej 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

On lit switches like this one, the three prongs correspond to: 12V in, appliance out (in your case the angel eyes), and ground. By using only two wires as you have shown you can either make the light in the button work (by connecting 12V in and ground) or the angel eyes come on (by connecting 12V and switched source) but not both. I cannot tell you which prong is which as it varies from switch to switch but it should be marked. The crappy diagram below shows whats going on inside the switch which should helpHow to wire SPDT lit switch -- posted image.

groggy23 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks got it!  The switch I got is a real pos lol the light is really dim.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic