icon

how sould i wire my alum12q

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
acer87782000 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

i have a 1000w sony xplod with one audiobahn alum12q.   it has 4 positive connections and 4 negative connecions with a total of 8.   i would like to know how i should wire it to get the best bass.

mobilesndfx 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
Connect positive to positive on the speaker to positive on the amp. Negative to negative on speaker to negative on amp. Theres two post for each polarity per voice coil, it doesnt matter which post you use on each voice coil.
Alpine 9835, MB Quart components, (3) JL Audio 10w3v2, JL Audio 500/1, JL Audio 300/4, Streetwires wiring
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
It depends on the impedances of your woofer and your amplifiers capabilities.
Post the specs of the amp and the woofer.
Just wiring it up like mobile said wouldn't be too nice to your amp if the ohm load is below the minimum the amp can handle.
Get back to us after you post the specs and we'll help you out right.
mobilesndfx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, aznboi that you dont think I helped him out right, but the sub hes talking about is a dual 6 ohm, wired the way I suggested sees 3 ohms on the amp. Im sure his amp will be fine with that.
Alpine 9835, MB Quart components, (3) JL Audio 10w3v2, JL Audio 500/1, JL Audio 300/4, Streetwires wiring
aznboi3644 
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Mobile I didn't try to sound like I was saying your post didn't help...Sorry if I did.
Sure his amp will handle that 3 ohm load fine if it is a mono amp that is 2 ohm stable.
But the majority of 2 channel amps are only 4 ohm stable bridged and 2 ohm stable stereo...I'm just trying to help him out more than just telling him to hook it up and not be happy with it when he could possibly set it up better and be even happier.
Mobile...I didnt' mean to offend you...Your post just sounded like a generalization.
mobilesndfx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
OK, maybe I flew off the handle a bit quick, but that wiring config. is his only real option. And I disagree that the "MAJORITY" of 2 channel amps are only 4 ohm mono stable. The majority of "Entry Level" (trying to find a nice way of saying this) amps are.
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
aznboi3644, the first reply made by mobilesndfx was straight to the point and answered acer87782000's question. I'm not trying to offend you, but a lot of your posts are generalizations and after reading many of your replies, it appears that you know just enough jargon to be dangerous. Please don't be so overzealous with your posts. It's not helpful to anyone. Please spend more time reading the rest of this site and doing a little research before you post so you don't come off as being misinformed.
~wirewise~
aznboi3644 
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
Hm...well I'm sorry and I'm not offended.
I'm here to learn.
acer87782000 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help everyone esspecially mobilesndfx

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic