icon

Latched relay for window module?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Compustar 2W900FM-AS and want to use it to operate 2 DEI 530T window modules on a 2006 Accord.I was hoping to be able to open and close the windows without window modules. But I found out the Accord has to have both a short and a long pulse to do that. ALso the Compustart (-) AUX pulse is too short at .5 seconds to get the windows to move more than an inch or two at a time when rolling them down. The AUX output can be increased BUT a programmer would have to be used which I do not have access to. But I can change the AUX output from pulsed to latched. Would this work ok or cause problems? Could the window motors be damaged if I forget to push the AUX button again to unlatch it after the windows are down? Would it be better to use a DEI 528T pulse timer to lengthen the pulse signal.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
If your going to use the pulse timer....why not use the window modules?
bbtaco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:
If your going to use the pulse timer....why not use the window modules?
I am going to use window modules. But the DEI 530T's must receive a long 4.5 second input to roll the windows all the way down. I don't have access to a Compustar programmer. So the only options I have are using the latched output on the Compustar AUX channel. Or I can use a DEI 528T pulse timer.
The easiest way would be to use the Asianwolf window modules as they work with only a short pulse. But are they good units? I have one on my truck and it seems to work fine. It doesnt offer the one push auto down on all the windows like the 530T does. But to get this feature I would have to run wires to all four doors. A majot pain I am told. So I probably would not have that function anyway.
So which is the best way to go?
1) Use the 530T and set the Alarm output to latched.
2) Use the 530T and a DEI 528T timer
3) Use the Asianwolf window modules
I really appreciate everyones help and suggestions!
strykergsr 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

hey i have the same alarm and it says you can program the pulse between 1-99, wouldn't that fix it? or am i missing something

if you have used the asianwolf before with no problems why don't you just go with that. seems the easiest/cheapest. i am going to get one of those.

bbtaco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
You need a Compustar programmer or a DEI 528t to lengthen the pulse time enough. I have used an Asianwolf window module in my Tacoma pickup and it seems to work fine. I just got the impression that the DEI 530T modules are better. I haven't installed anything into my Accord yet. Here is another way that works on Acuras and the 2003+ Accords. But you would need a DEI 528T to set the AUX channel (-) pulse time long enough to roll the windows up or down. But you you wouldn't have to cut any wires in the drivers door in two.
Window rollup/down
strykergsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
oh that makes sense now. well i have the same alarm (minus the remote start) and i want to be able to vent my windows when the car gets too hot. i don't need to roll them all the way down, in fact i'd prefer to just have them vent a half inch or so. the thing about asianwolfs module is the integrated temp. sensor rolls them down automatically when it's too hot. that and i want to be able to roll the windows up automatically when i get out of the car. i think the asianwolf module is perfect for me, but i'm scared to buy it without knowing for sure if it will work with my alarm. i'm new to car alarms. i'm sorry for hijacking your thread but i figured you would know the answer to whether or not this module was a good one or not since you have it. thanks ahead of time.
bbtaco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
I have the Compustar 2W900FM-AS in my Toyota Tacoma. If I lock/arm the doors then press the AUX button the Asianwolf module will open the windows about and inch or so. If I do not lock/arm first, the windows will roll all the way down when I press AUX. I have Weather tech Vent shades on my windows that will keep any rain from getting in If I leave the windows vented. I always vent my windows when it is going to be hot, so I haven't noticed the Asianwolf module automatically venting the windows. I know it is supposed too if the interior gets over about 100 degrees. I got my Asianwolf module on Ebay, it was cheaper than buying from the Asianwolf web site. The Asainwolf module only requires a brief pulse to operate, so you would not need to get a DEI 528T pulse timer or have the Compustar programmed.
strykergsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot for the response, that's what i needed to know. do you have a sensor that would roll them up in the event that someone tried to get close enough to my car to unlock it from the inside? that's what i'm scared of.
strykergsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
i was thinking a microwave sensor the asianwolf one says:
"If your alarm system does not have a Pre-Warning input, this device can be used as a single zone sensor. As a single zone sensor, this device will still detect movement or motion inside your vehicle. Also, if you have an automatic window roll-up kit with your power windows, the Pre-Warning * trigger can be used to roll up your windows in the event of a possible intrusion or break in."
that's what i'm looking for will this work?
bbtaco, fwiw i think that you should go with the asianwolf module, i don't see why you wouldn't, unless you already have the dei ones
bbtaco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
You could probably hook the Asianwolf sensor up to your window module activation input to get the windows to roll up when the sensor sends out a warn away pulse.You wouldn't be able to hook your window module up to the ground when armed wire anymore to roll up the windows when you lock/arm your car. So it would not vent the windows anymore as it needs the constant ground input to keep the windows from rolling all the way down. I guess you could try using one of the aux channels and the wire from the sensor (diode isolate each one)so you or the module could roll the windows up. I have not tried this so I cannot say if it would wok or not.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic