icon

galaxy 5000rs central locking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scooby-ej16 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,my first post!Hope you guys can help. Im installing a ScyTek Galaxy 5000-rs in my 1998 UK Subaru Impreza wagon. Im having trouble wiring the alarm to the central locking. Im no expert but as far as I know its a single wire type, will I need an SPDT relay for this? Thanks guys,
Derek Preston.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - SUBARU / IMPREZA (UK) / 1998 / Keyless Entry
12volts                 
Starter      blue/red             ignition harness
Ignition      red             ignition harness
Notes: Fuel pump cut is BLACK/ red in o/side kickwell in taped loom to rear of car.
Power Lock      add actuator             in driver door
Power Unlock      add actuator             in driver door
Well, not sure if this was the impreza you were talking about, but this data sheet says UK version needs actuators.
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/doorlocks.asp
thats the link to wiring up different type of relays.
http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/printpage.asp?ModelID=18819&MakeID=39
this is another link, but not the UK version
single wire door lock
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
scooby-ej16 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 5:07 AM / IP Logged  
The middle link seems to be correct, thanks! You say maybe I'll need actuators? When I lock the drivers door with the key or lock switch on the inside of the door, the rest of the doors lock/unlock. If this is the case surely I wont need to add actuators?
captainzab 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
scooby-ej16 wrote:
The middle link seems to be correct, thanks! You say maybe I'll need actuators? When I lock the drivers door with the key or lock switch on the inside of the door, the rest of the doors lock/unlock. If this is the case surely I wont need to add actuators?
that would mean you dont need actuators,i cant find a diagram saying a single wire for your car
scooby-ej16 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, well what I have is a black wire and a white wire going to the actuator. The black wire remains constant negative, while the white wire switches pos/neg depending on lock status.This is a single wire assembly, right? Or am I wrong? I dont know near as much bout this stuff as you guys!
captainzab 
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
thats not right, both wire on the actuators switches polarity. like if you press lock, one wire recieves 12v while other gets ground. when you unlock, the polarity reverses.
How to wire up relay for your actuators
it must be like that
scooby-ej16 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
I wish it was like that!! its really not, I did a sigma alarm last week on a MY00 toyota yaris that was a positive pulse like that and it was easy! one of them DEFINITELY stays constant-do you think this might be a problem with the locking actuator itself?
captainzab 
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Im confused now, at first, i thought you were adding actuators. If so, you need that reversing polarity set up.
If your using a type C set up its the 5 Wire Alternating 12 Volts Positive Door Locks
I dont know what you mean by the yaris. i looked up the yaris (assuming uk yaris is the same) it has type B, meaning neg. I have no idea where you would get a constant 12v
scooby-ej16 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
sorry mate, maybe it was negative! As regards my car, I dont want to add actuators, I just want to wire my alarm up to the central locking, which seems to be single wire :) hope that clears it up!
captainzab 
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - SUBARU / IMPREZA (UK) / 1999 / Keyless Entry
Power Lock      white        F       driver side kickwell
Power Unlock      same wire              
The 99 has a single wire, Type F
galaxy 5000rs central locking -- posted image.
Im pretty sure its a 99 and not 98. I should have checked for the years around 98 too. galaxy 5000rs central locking -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic