icon

Avic-Z1 or IVA-W200 with blackbird?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
punkbastard 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
I want your opinions as to which one you would go with.  I have the w200 now and can get the blackbird to connect to it but I have had my eye on the Z1 since it debuted at SEMA.  They both have good features and both have pros and cons.  What do you guys think?
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
It would have to depend on what was more important to you. Video or Navigation. Obviously the navigation in the Z1 is far far superior to the blackbird. (20 GB dedicated to nothing but nav? goooo!) But if video is more important to you then i would go with the alpine. The alpine screen is much brighter and flat out better then the Z1. And on a more personal note i CANNOT stand the pioneer touch screens you practically gotta punch the thing to get it to realize your touching it whereas the ivaw its just a pleasent little touch. i personaly am going to purchase the ivaw200 here in the next month or so for my personal vehicle. for the Z1 price i can look at a map.
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
punkbastard 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
I agree 100% on the pioneer screen.  I have always hated that about them.  I'm stuck though because nav with traffic service is important to me but so is good sound (video doesnt matter that much), so I dont wanna give up the pxa-h701 i've got hooked up to the w200.  But I also like the xmnav, bluetooth, voice rec, auto learning and overall slick look of the z1.
punkbastard 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
another thing, as to the price, I can get the z1 for the price of my w200 and pxa-h701 sound processor put together.  About $1300, roughly $1600 after all the add ons.  Basicly with my situation, after I sold my alpine stuff, it would be a wash.  No money lost, none gained.
St. Dark 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
You can get XM traffic for the Alpine regular nav... the B'bird is supposed to have it's on-board nav traffic go live here soon.
You'll miss the flexibility and performance of the H701 if you lose it.
As to the auto-learn: if you're doing a route often enough for the machine to learn it, you probably don't NEED the nav for that trip...
punkbastard 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
I thought the auto learn meant that it learned your driving habits and applied them to other routes as well.  Say, it noticed that you take surface roads alot, it would route you based on that or if you take a right hand turn rather than a left than it would route you based on that.
punkbastard 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  

jvillefinest wrote:
And on a more personal note i CANNOT stand the pioneer touch screens you practically gotta punch the thing to get it to realize your touching it whereas the ivaw its just a pleasent little touch.

I actually went in to work today and played with the z1 a bit after you said this.  the touch screen is much more responsive than the previous models, I barely had to push at all

jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
yea the Z1 is better but still not there for me. and its basically a coin flip from what im reading both units are good...except the only downfall im seeing is preout volt. alpine is 2.5 and im pretty sure the pioneer is 4volt.
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
punkbastard 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
w200 has 2volt preouts, z1 has 2.2 volts.  I am using the pxa-h701 sound processor with my w200 now so im getting 4 volt preouts out of that.  Thats why I'm thinking I might throw the rockford 3sixty.2 in the mix to get the sound quality on the pioneer system.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
I like the verstility of the Alpine set up. Rental car, friend's car or your second car, just unplug it and use it as a standalone. Battery power, use it on a hike. Plus with a 1 gig SD card and a built in FM mod, it's a music source in another car. We can't keep them in stock
There is no such thing as free installation!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic