icon

2006 Chevy Express, using JL Cleansweep

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dawg_ 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

First time here.. Need help please. I am in the process of installing a system in a 2003 Express van, This system will use the factory HeadUnit, to a JL Audio CleanSweep, the cleansweep will supply the output to the amps. The problem I am seeing is the datalink system & the RAP function. I would like all the factory equiptment to still function, warning chimes & RAP. I believe I can tap into the RAP system at the power window system with a relay. as for the warning chimes, How will they function through the cleansweep & systemj, Will volume be extremely loud? Has anyone installed the cleansweep in a DataLink vehicle ... If so what is your experience. I contacted JL & they really have no idea & just advise me to wire the cleansweep to the factory speaker outputs. ( this I already know) This still does not take care of the RAP system or how to turn on the system with no remote wire from the deck..

Please help.

2003 Chevy Express Conversion van. Built by Quality conversions, Modified By OWNER
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Metra's part number GMRC-01 should do the trick. It will retain all functions and give you an ignition switched lead you can use as a turn on lead.
There is no such thing as free installation!
dawg_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

TCSS,

I have researched that idea.. thing is I am not replacing the factory deck. So I still have the datalink system in the factory deck... I do not know how wiring 2 datalink decoders into the system will effect. the Van.  My current line of thought is tapping into the RAP system & using that as a remote turn on. This will allow the cleansweep & amps to turn on with  vehicle & stay on like the radio, even after the vehicle is shut off & the key removed. The problem arises when the RAP system turns off . ( once the driver door is opened ) the chime/warning system will still be sending an output signal on the left front speaker output. This will not be processed due to the cleansweep & amps being shutdown.... You would think JL audio would have researched the newer DataLink vehicles & designed the Cleansweep to function with the factory headunit as they advertise... I would think that if you buy a 400.00 processor that claims to integrate the oem system with an aftermarket system they would have resolved these issues. I know from my emails with JL. They didnt think of this.

I am sure i am not the first one to run into this situation with the JL Audio Cleansweep.

2003 Chevy Express Conversion van. Built by Quality conversions, Modified By OWNER
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry man, my bad. But I might have a solution. Metra made a very crude On Star, chime adaptor around 2004 that had a small amp and speaker to retain the chimes when replacing the factory HU. Seems to me it could be installed between the factory HU and the Cleansweep. Metra tech support 800-221-0932. Let me know, Bob
There is no such thing as free installation!
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
soundgate has a piece that will give a remote output that stays on as long as the deck is on.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
dawg_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

After some more research , I have decided I will wire the speaker outputs to the JL CLEANSWEEP, according to JL the unit does signal sensing on the Speaker circuit for turn on & will supply a turn on wire for the amps, As far as supplying a power lead for the cleansweep I will power it from the cnstant 12 volt supply that is in the IGN harness.  If I am correct  this will allow the speaker outputs/ CHIME & warning tones that play thru the left front speaker to power up the balance of the system whenever an output is present at the speaker wires.

I will let everyone know how this works.

Now just need to get the rest of the install complete ( fiberglass & upholstery here I come.)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic