icon

1992 Mazda MPV, Giordon Top686C

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jseldon 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

Hi everyone, looking for a helping hand with one of these icky alarms.  Please bear with me as I'm fairly new to alarm installs and have only done some basic ones before.   I bought a Giordon Top686C alarm on ebay like many others and have seen from past posts that even experienced installers hate these things.  Of course the manual is all translated to english but as we all know the translation never quite comes across the same.   I've attached a wiring diagram below for reference and I just wanted to go over a few things before I start wiring.  My wife has a 1992 Mazda MPV Minivan thats been broken in to one too many times for my liking so I figured I'd try and get a cheap alarm in for her.   I found the wiring info in the database and I think I've got most of it figured out.  I'm not bothering with the engine disengaging system, so I assume I can just tape off the yellow and RED / black and ignore them.  I've bolded the things I'm confused about but if someone could verify I have the rest of it right as well that would also be great.  Thanks for the help. 

James

Constant 12V+ Black  Ignition Switch Harness   -->  Not needed

Starter BLACK / YELLOW  Ignition Switch Harness    --> Blue wire from starter module splices in here
Ignition BLACK/ White  Ignition Switch Harness   --> Brown wire from starter module  and white wire from main alarm harnass splices in here
Accessory Blue/Red  Ignition Switch Harness   --> Green wire from start module splices here  (Not sure what the whole Air Conditioning thing is about)

Not really sure about how to probe for the tach wire, what should I be looking for?  I found a white wire that I think is in this correct location but it appears to fluctuate voltage like an A/C voltage almost. 

Tach White  Or WHITE/ Black (-) at Test Connector Driver's Fender  --> Purple wire from main alarm harnass

Brake Switch WHITE/ Green  Brake Switch  --> Orange wire from main alarm harnass

Trunk Pin n/a  Works with Dome Light  --> Not needed
Parking Lights RED / Black  Or RED / White at Fuse Panel   --> Both brown wires from main alarm harnass splices? 
Head Lamp RED / Black  Light Switch  --> Not needed
Door Trigger Pink (-)  Driver's Pin Switch or Fuse Panel    --> Blue wire from main alarm harnass splices

Now I'm a little confused about the autodoor locks as this van has no driver side switch to open the doors however a key unlocking either driver or passenger door unlocks all doors. 

Door Lock GREEN/ Black (-)  Driver's Kick Panel or Timer below AC HSG  --> White wire from door lock harnass splices?

Door Unlock GREEN / WHITE (-)    -->  WHITE/ Black wire from door lock harnass splices?

Other connections:

Black from main alarm harnass --> - Battery

Red from main alarm harnass --> + Battery

Yellow + Yellow/Black from door opening harnass --> Ground

Pink from main alarm harnass --> Horn +

Horn -   --> Ground

Tape off from main alarm harnass (not connected)

Green  (Trunk)

Yellow (Extinguishing control)

Blue/White  (gate + trigger switch)

Taped off from door opening harnass

Orange + ORANGE / Black

------ Alarm wiring picture below -----

1992 Mazda MPV, Giordon Top686C - Last Post -- posted image.

jseldon 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  

Allright, after reading a bit more I found my correct tach wire and know that there is an actuator in the door so I should be all good assuming I've got the rest of it all correct.  Can anyone just cofirm my connections before I rip this apart.  Being unexperienced at this I'd rather make sure I'm right before ripping this thing apart.

Thanks.

James

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/printpage.asp?ModelID=14786&MakeID=29
your parking light, i dont think you need to wire both the brown wire together because 1 wire gives off 10A which is enough.
Your door locking, ground the NORMALLY OPEN wires of the alarm (ORANGE / black & orange) because this is your input wire for your neg polarity door lock (type B). Then connect your lock and unlock wire to the car's (in kick panel)
Also, you dont necessarily have to go to the battery for your 12v source, i reccomend the black wire (you want it to be as close to the fuse of the alarm)
Ground your wire somewhere under the dash with a factory bolt (also want it this wire to be close to the alarm)
I skim through everything else, but it seems right
jseldon 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2006 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  

Allright, I got everything installed tonight and have only one small issue - my autostart seems to be working, but after running for about 7 or 8 seconds the starter kicks in again, otherwise it runs as normal.  If I disconnect the tach wire completely it will start and then shutdown after 2-3 seconds and then retry starting again.  I guess it must see a signal from the tach wire but it must not be in range??  Any ideas?

Thanks

James

PS:  If anyone has installed an autostarrer on a 92-95 Mazda MPV van could you cofirm the location of the tach wire.   I know it says at test connector on driver fender but I've tried just about everything there  without any success.  Thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic