MB Quart Reference Series Subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  

Hi there!

what is the general opinion on MB Quart subs?

I am able to get a brand new 15" MB Quart RWE 354 Reference Series sub still in the unopened package for $80. Is that a good deal?

I currently have a JL 15W3V2 - is my JL still better then this specific MB Sub? I'm hearing conflicting reports that the MB can actually handle more power.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have the upgrade bug or do you feel some thing is missing from your current setup?
nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  

I think it's a combination of both lol

My system currently is pretty complex, and I had 3 15W3V2's in a fiberglass enclosure. It's a show car. I say HAD because one of my subs blew, so now I'm running on 2 15W3v2's. And believe it or not, I hear a major difference with that 3rd sub being out.

But I was talking to a good friend of mine, who has this brand new MB Sub, and I was curious if they are better then my JL's. If they are, he said he could get me 2 more of the RWE 354's. I just wanna know if it's a downgrade from the 15W3V2's, because if it is.. I'd just replace the 15W3V2 with another one. But if the MB RWE 354's are much better, then I'd be willing to get 3 of them for the low money I can get them for.

otter 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
MB Quarts are definately a SQ sub, I had two 10s in a sealed enclosure in a Chevy Silverado and was very happy with them. Unfortunately I have no experience with the W3V2s, but for $80 each, you should buy 'em and see how they sound, you can probably re-sell them for that same amount if you don't like them.
My best guess (and it is just that b/c I have no experience with the JLs as I stated above) is that you will find that the MBQuarts will be a bit more accurate (as accurate as a 15 can be) But the JLs will play louder and maybe a bit lower.
Good luck! Tell us your review if you decide to get them

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic