the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1 ohm vs 2 ohm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  

The DA7122 is only stable to 2 ohm in mono and is a single channel type of amp. The DA7232 is a dual mono dual 2 ohm stable amp making it the far better choice. As I am in Canada, my pricing is going to be different that I what you can find it for in the US. If you would like I can line you up with a authorized dealer in the US that can get this amp for you. Send me a PM for further info should you like.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
forbidden: Tried to PM you but you've exceeded your limit. I would definitely value your suggestions on dealers as you are in the business. I had a dealer that supplied all of my equipment for the past 20 years or so. But she sold the business. Now it's more of an import tuner accessory shop instead of a stereo shop. Let me know the best way you would like to get in contact (or when your PM has some room left). Popular guy LOL!
The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  

PM box has some room in it now, please give me your e-mail address there and I will forward it to a authorized US dealer.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Or, if Rob gets busy, (I got your back, man...) Dial 1-800-55-ECLIPSE (800-553-2547), and it'll connect you RIGHT to your closest Eclipse Dealer! Pretty sweet, really...
Oh, and John, drop by Bakersfield, and I'll show ya what that DA7232 is capable of! I have it running a single Eclipse Ti12, and it's pretty ballsy!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Flakman 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
Or, if Rob gets busy, (I got your back, man...) Dial 1-800-55-ECLIPSE (800-553-2547), and it'll connect you RIGHT to your closest Eclipse Dealer! Pretty sweet, really...
Oh, and John, drop by Bakersfield, and I'll show ya what that DA7232 is capable of! I have it running a single Eclipse Ti12, and it's pretty ballsy!

Thanks haemphyst (still trying to figure that nick out LOL). I've been reading up on the Eclipse stuff...never really thought about them before. $1200 bones is a grip of change though. Still would love to hear it. I don't doubt its abilities. If I get down in your hood...I'll definitely look you up! I'm gonna redo my box and wiring first. We'll see what that does.

The Flakman
John | Manteca, CA
forbidden 
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  

If Rob gets busy....it is 1:00am and I am still at work.

Flakman 
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

forbidden, oh the joys of owning your own business =)

The Flakman
John | Manteca, CA
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Flakman wrote:

haemphyst wrote:

Thanks haemphyst (still trying to figure that nick out LOL). I've been reading up on the Eclipse stuff...never really thought about them before. $1200 bones is a grip of change though. Still would love to hear it. I don't doubt its abilities. If I get down in your hood...I'll definitely look you up! I'm gonna redo my box and wiring first. We'll see what that does.

I'll try to make it a quick description... DYohn and dwarren know the story.
I am strong... sometimes stronger than I realize, and one time I was working on a table saw in a friends garage, and I locked the rear ripfence lock down, and he was unable to loosen it without a tool. While he was loosening it, he mumbled something under his breath about "Freakin' ham-fist, something or other..." So ham-fist was my name...
I play computer games, and another friend of mine simply took that ham-fist nickname, and bave it an "Olde-English" spelling twist to it, because I like to commandeer tanks to kill foot troops in BF1924 and BFII... and it just stuck.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Flakman 
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  

ROFL. Ham fist. I like it! Trying not to wake the g-f while she's sleeping!

The Flakman
John | Manteca, CA
haemphyst 
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Flakman, actually, while I am thinking of it, call George Carosella at Trans-Lex in Bakersfield. He's the local Eclipse Dealer, and his number is 661-327-5375. Tell him Dave referred you...
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic