icon

Ford Escape XLT diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Raid 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2003 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,  I am looking for a  wiring diagram for 2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium.  I need to do remote start and alarm.  I know this vehicle has a stock alarm,  any suggestions on this would be great.

Thank you

jayts95 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2003 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

ITEM      |     WIRE COLOR     |POL|       WIRE LOCATION        |

|              12V|RED / lt blue (10A) *1|+  |ignition harness            |
|          STARTER|tan/lt blue         |+  |ignition harness            |
|         IGNITION|lt GREEN/ purple     |+  |ignition harness            |
|        ACCESSORY|BLACK/ lt green      |+  |ignition harness            |
|       POWER LOCK|pink/white *2       |-  |DKP or 26 pin plug @ GEM *6 |
|     POWER UNLOCK|same wire           |   |                            |
|       LOCK MOTOR|pink/black          |   |DKP or 26 pin plug @ GEM *6 |
|     UNLOCK MOTOR|RED / orange          |   |DKP or 26 pin plug @ GEM *6 |
|    DISARM DEFEAT|pink/orange         |   |PKP or 26 pin plug @ GEM *6 |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|brown               |   |drivers kick panel          |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|BLACK/ lt green      |   |column or 22 pin plug @ GEM |
|       HEADLIGHTS|RED / white           |-  |column or 22 pin plug @ GEM |
|     DOOR TRIGGER|PURPLE / lt green     |-  |cluster or 22 pin plug @ GEM|
| DOME SUPERVISION|lt GREEN/ black      |*3 |drivers door harness        |
|  TRUNK/HATCH PIN|                    |   |                            |
|         HOOD PIN|PURPLE / orange       |-  |pin sw or 22 pin plug @ GEM |
|TRNK/HTCH RELEASE|                    |   |                            |
|  FCTRY ALARM ARM|lt GREEN/ black      |-  |DKP or 26 pin plug @ GEM *6 |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|blue/lt green       |-  |DKP or 26 pin plug @ GEM *6 |
|       TACHOMETER|*4                  |   |                            |
|      SPEED SENSE|gray/black          |   |cruise servo on pass fender |
|       BRAKE WIRE|lt green            |+  |brake pedal switch          |
|     HORN TRIGGER|yellow/lt green     |-  |steering column *5          |
|           WIPERS|blk/pnk(L),blu/org(H|+  |steering column             |
|  LF WINDOW UP/DN|wht/blk - red       |A  |driver window switch        |
|  RF WINDOW UP/DN|tan/lt blu - wht/yel|A  |driver kick panel           |
|  LR WINDOW UP/DN|yel/blk - RED / blk   |A  |driver kick panel           |
|  RR WINDOW UP/DN|gry/org - yel/lt blu|A  |driver kick panel           |
| SUN RF OPN/CLOSE|red - org           |   |in front of sunroof         |
|   SUN ROOF LIMIT|ORANGE / white        |   |in front of sunroof         |
|        RADIO 12V|ORANGE / lt green     |+  |at radio                    |
|     RADIO GROUND|black               |-  |at radio                    |
|     RADIO SWITCH|yellow/black        |+  |at radio                    |
| RADIO ILLUMINATE|lt blue/red         |+  |at radio                    |
|       LF SPEAKER|org/lt grn-lt blu/wh|   |at radio                    |
|       RF SPEAKER|wht/lt grn - grn/org|   |at radio                    |
|       LR SPEAKER|tan/yel - gry/lt blu|   |at radio                    |
|       RR SPEAKER|org/red - brn/pnk   |   |at radio                    |

Notes:

NOTE: This vehicle is equipped with a passive immobilizer that needs to be bypassed for remote start operation only. Use DEI part number 555S to bypass, and also use the BLACK/ pink (+) key sense wire at the steering column to interrupt the blue wire on the 555S so that when the key is inserted to do take over the vehicle does not see two transponders at the same time. Refer to directfax document #1079 for wiring information.  *1 This wire is rated at 10 amps only. If installing any system with high current outputs, go to battery for 12v.  *2 Lock requires a negative trigger thru a 1,000 ohm resistor. Unlock is a negative trigger. Must use relay on both.  *3 This wire rests at ground with the doors closed, and it is an open circuit with the drivers door open. Use a relay to interupt this wire to turn on the dome light.  *4 On the ZETEC motor use GREEN/ purple or lt GREEN / WHITE at the coil pack. The Duratec motor has a coil for each cylinder, go to any one and use the wire that is NOT WHITE/ purple.  *5 May be in the SRS harness. Use a meter to test to avoid setting any codes or deploying the airbag.  *6 The GEM (generic electronic module) is behind the center console on the floor. Pull off the black panel to the right of the gas pedal, there will be carpet covering it. The plugs face the driver side of the vehicle.

Raid 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you jason for giving me the information I need.   Will the DEI 555S work with an alarm that is not DEI?  Thank you

jeff

jcaimhigher 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

Yes it will as long as you wire it correctly into the alarm.

John

John
jcaimhigher@ixpres.com
Bond of the Blue Beret
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2003 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
Just to add a little note on to how I usually do these. If you pull off the panel in the driver kick area you will see a taped harness running straight down to the left of the fuse box. Open that harness and you can get your lock, unlock, and factory alarm disarm in it. I've never needed any resistors as the lock is usually WHITE/ violet and unlock is pink/white. The factory disarm in that same harness is a dark blue with green stripe. When you go to get the ignition wires look underneath to the rear LEFT area of the column you'll see a couple wires joining the main harness. All the ignition wires in this car are very thin so don't go looking for thick wires like usual. As far as domelight I usually don't waste time with the GEM I just run a wire down from the domelight on the ceiling it's a GREEN/ orange (-). Just some tips good luck and always test these wires before doing anything because they change a lot! Later
Raid 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

thank you everyone for your excellent advise!!  I will take advantage of this great knowledge and use it wisely.  Thank you all again!!

Jeff

jcaimhigher 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

Open that harness and you can get your lock, unlock, and factory alarm disarm in it. I've never needed any resistors as the lock is usually WHITE/ violet and unlock is pink/white.

Just curious, would this mean that you could connect the lock/unlock wires here instead of the GEM and would you be able to do the double unlock feature that some alarms have?  The DEI wiring states the only spot to tap in is at the GEM.  This would greatly aid in rewiring the alarm to work more efficiently and would probably allow the factory alarm to work in conjunction with some add on alarms.  Any help here would be nice. :)

Thanks

John

John
jcaimhigher@ixpres.com
Bond of the Blue Beret
Raid 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

I just purchased the Audiovox Prestige APS785.  My question is, in the manual it has a wire to bypass stock alarms.  Will this work with the Ford alarm?  Are ther any common mistakes that are made when doing a remote start system?  Thank you

Jeff

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

<<<< Just curious, would this mean that you could connect the lock/unlock wires here instead of the GEM and would you be able to do the double unlock feature that some alarms have?  The DEI wiring states the only spot to tap in is at the GEM.  This would greatly aid in rewiring the alarm to work more efficiently and would probably allow the factory alarm to work in conjunction with some add on alarms.  Any help here would be nice. :) >>>

You could connect them there but you would also then have to find the driver door only unlock wire which from what I can find is a RED / orange (+) in the driver kick area so it might be in that same harness with the rest. We charge extra for driver door priority so most customers never get it so I'm not positive on where to find it. In the escape I see no reason to go to the GEM when you can get everything either in the kick or steering column. (park lights are also in the steering column harness BLACK/ green..)

<<<<My question is, in the manual it has a wire to bypass stock alarms.  Will this work with the Ford alarm?  Are ther any common mistakes that are made when doing a remote start system>>>>

As long as that wire puts out a (-) pulse then it should shutdown the factory security system no problem..

jcaimhigher 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks man!  I've always wired the double unlock feature but the local shop that installs DEI stuff never dealt with the vehicle type before and figured the tech sheet was "gold" to them.  I'm glad we have this forum to find this info out!!   Wish I would have known this a loooooong time ago as most of the wires and the resistors are wired in this GEM.  Thanks again for the help!!

One last question, I love the way the OEM keyless alarm turns the turn signal lights on when you arm and disarm.  It's very bright and nice.  But with the aftermarkets, DEI, you need to use the parking lights albeit you "could" tap into the hazard wire.  I'd like to use the turn signals for arm/disarm but the parking lights for the remote start on, while it's running.  Do you have any ideas?  I figured the sure bet way is to just use the turn signal/hazard wire but this would be quite bright and unfortunately leave the amber rear turn signals on.  I'd rather not do it that way.  Is there a relay wiring or resistor schematic I could make to do this.  Biggest problem is there's only one wire for the park flash output which is the same wire for the remote start validation.

Thanks again for the work!

John

John
jcaimhigher@ixpres.com
Bond of the Blue Beret

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic