icon

amp ideas for my system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
emoboywyl 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
So, here's what I have, what I want and what I'd like to do... any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.
1990 Ford Bronco II
Alpine 9847 HU
MB Quart 6.5" Comp (front)
Factory 5x7 in the back
I want a decent 4 channel amp that I'm going to install custom in the truck (lots of windows, so I have to get creative in hiding everything so nothing gets stolen). I'm planning on running the front speakers off the first 2 channels, bridging the second 2 to power one 10" sub, and leaving the back speakers running off the power from the HU itself. The reason for this is that my 1yo daughter sits back there and there's really no reason to have it louder/nicer/better/etc.
I'm planning on installing the sub inside the side panel of the trunk, so it can't be a really deep sub.
I'm trying to do all of this fairly inexpensivly, but I would like it to sound good. I'm a lot more interested in SQ than SPL, especially because of the baby.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I can't make up my mind at all.
emoboywyl 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
Oops, the MB Quarts are the QSD 216's
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
The following amps would be great, they are the OLD soundstream which means they are made good. Don't let the low watts fool you on these amps, they are WAY underrated.
http:///.com/Soundstream-reference-644s_W0QQitemZ270008478938QQihZ017QQcategoryZ39737QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http:///.com/soundstream-reference-604-car-amplifier-4-channel-used_W0QQitemZ230007862586QQihZ013QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http:///.com/SOUNDSTREAM-REFERENCE-705S-AMP_W0QQitemZ160008690468QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Sorry, cut and paste them in your browser.
Can't cut and paste either, Go to e-bay and type in soundstream reference and any of the multi cahnnel amps are worth it.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  
focals new 4 channel. It uses a regulated power supply so no matter what your battery is pushin, the amp is always pumpin out the same amount. Plus its super clean power compared to most others out there.
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
emoboywyl 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
I couldn't find the focal amps online... can you point me in the right direction?
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

Focal is a top of the line product (or atleast close to it). The company selects certain retailers to sell their products. You cant buy them online. you have to find a local authorized dealer. Here is a link.

http://www.focal-america.com/Products/Others/Locator.html

"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
emoboywyl 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
The thing is, I'm not neccessarily looking for total top of the line. I just want something that's decent, reasonably priced and puts out good sound. With my new family, I don't really have a lot of money to spend, nor do I want to spend a lot.
I'd mostly just like to fill in the low end and add some more depth to my music.
There's just so many different and competing brands out there, it's hard to know who makes a decent product, and who makes junk.
Who makes a good 10" shallow sub? I'm going to modify the side panel in the inside of my cargo area and fab a box into it, but I don't have a lot of room. I want something that performs well, but it's very deep.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic