icon

Which alarm is better?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mickey513 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Of these two alarms, which one is better and more reliable?
Prestige APS plantinum 997 (made by audiovox-Jensen)
http://www.audiovox.com/webapp...Id=-1
or
DEI Hornet 564T
http://www.directed.com/securi...y.asp
Both are about the same price and same features. Which one would be the better systeM?
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
If they are they same price, get the DEI Hornet.
1)Bigger company with rock solid systems (never had to replace a brain)
2)you can always find cheap replacement remotes (anything that says DEI usually works)
3)i personally find programming feature is much easier on DEI products
4)you can get a responder antenna and remote and call it a Viper 791 if you want.
I have installed prestige alarm in the past and i dont find it hard or complicated in any ways, and never had a customer come back about it either.
But watever you choose, you cant go wrong. Both of these systems are really good and popular.
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
captainzab wrote:
If they are they same price, get the DEI Hornet.
I'll have to second that!
If they're not the same price then go with the Aps-997. It's less expensive and it has the the same features. Actually if you had ask about the the Viper 791 I would have told you to go with the Aps-997. I believe that hornet has better remotes than the ugly looking thing that comes with the Viper. And you get two instead of one, that cost the same as the Aps-997 on the net.
ieSpell rocks.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  

I'd lean more to the DEI products before I thought about audiovox.Im not trying to be one sided but I think DEI products are more responsive,reliable,versitile, and there are alot of alarms to choose from.The audiovox install book is ass backwards, and most of the product that I installed felt cheap an fragile..they do offer alot of features, but to me w/ a cheap product thats not saying alot. They're probally some die hard audiovox fans out there, im just not one of them.

*IMO*

rtfm
12voltmaster 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
mickey513 wrote:
Of these two alarms, which one is better and more reliable?
Prestige APS plantinum 997 (made by audiovox-Jensen)
http://www.audiovox.com/webapp...Id=-1
or
DEI Hornet 564T
http://www.directed.com/securi...y.asp
Both are about the same price and same features. Which one would be the better systeM?
All alarm is good Today , Your installation is the most important, Between cheap and good alarm is : CODE OPING for the remote and FEATURE : AUX , TILT SENSOR, BACKUP SIREN, harness quality, etc.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic