icon

Viper alarm problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eg_civic 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys what's up well i started to put in my viper 350HV. I am putting it into a 1996 Honda civic hx and i was using the vehicle wiring database. I have no manuals for the alarm except what is on the pack of it. So i thought i could just look on the alarm and then on the vehicle specific wiring database and hook them all up. So i did that and they didn't all match up i ended only hookin up like 5-8 wires. Once i thought i was done i pushed the arm button and i blew both of my fuses. I didn't use the relay that comes on the alarm their is a yellow wire and i used that one but not the green and black ones. I was thinking to just start all over but i then second doubted that and came on here. Could someone please inform me on what the relay goes to, and why it is blowing fuses. Thanks all help is very appreciated.
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
as far as the 451m relay pack for your honda you should not need it it should be - tirgger locks. what wires from the brain do you have hooked up and to what wires in your car. red- 12v
yellow- ing
brown- siren
green- -door trigger
blue- -instant trigger
RED / white- ch2 - output
2 wire blue green harness locks, - trigger green is +, blue is -. that should be all you need.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
12voltmaster 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Wich Fuse is blowing ??? It is Engine fuse box or vehicule fuse box ??
eg_civic 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
The fuses that came on the alarm wiring harness are the ones that keep on blowing. Later
eg_civic 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  

what's all hooked up white,green,yellow,red. And what is not hooked up red white,blue,black white,white blue,brown,violet. I don't know where the ch.2 output would hook up or any of the others. Thanks

eg_civic 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
Where does the channel 2 output go and what wire do i hook it up to. Where do i also hook up -instant trigger zone 1. Where does the dome light hook up to the car harness.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
Are you actually testing the wires on the Honda with some type of circuit tester (test light, multimeter, etc.)?
Just hooking stuff up according to wire color usually only leads to disappointment, or worse, damage to the car.
Those wiring sheets are often wrong, and there are often multiple wires in the car that are the same color, but do different things.
If you can get the Viper's installation manual from Directed's website, it will explain how to properly test each wire.
The relay you refer to sounds like the starter kill relay......that is designed to prevent the car from being started, while the alarm is on. If you do not care to have that feature, you don't need to use it.
If you cut the starter kill relay out of the system, the yellow wire that was going to it, needs to be connected to ignition........ a wire in the car that shows power whenever the ignition is on.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic