icon

Alarm wiring diagram 2003 Jetta

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rte3tdi 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2003 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
Well ... let's see what VW has to say. I think they are going to blame the Viper installation...
Hopefully, they will find the problem for you.
Let me know what happens.
By the way ... that is an awesome transaxle. I have the 5 speed manual with a Diesel engine, since I drive 62 miles back/forth to work every day.
Bmlime 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2003 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
 It is the electronics in the door trigger I guess.That is what they told me today. But i'm still going to have the problem with the factory door locks sleeping on me let me know if you get any info on 2003's
bmlime
Bmlime 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2003 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
 How do you wire that relay. Thats the problem I got it back from VW.You arm the car with viper and 5 sec after you can disarm the viper but the factory stays armed. I need to know how do disable the factory alarm so that my doors open with the viper remote. Any helpful hints would be appreciated..
bmlime
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2003 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

if the factory keyless goes to sleep it needs a relay ta wake it up i dont know how but i seen it done. ask ur installer if thats not it the viper should have a factory disarm wire output ta shut  off the factory alarm/keyless

Bmlime 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2003 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

If any one else can throw some feedback it would be great..Also if you fing out how to wire that relay with exact wire colors and were it would be helpful..

bmlime
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2003 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

I think your problem is simpler then you think.  The car requires two pulses on the unlock wire to unlock the doors.  The first one disarms and the second unlocks the doors.  I only skimmed through this quickly so if I missed anything I appologise. 

Bmlime 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2003 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
 Doesn't work.Everything works fine before five seconds after arming.After five seconds the factory alarm doesn't disarm and doors don't unlock
bmlime
Bmlime 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2003 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
I finally figured out the problem.The Viper 550 ESP's pulse is not strong enough to activate the door locks. It needs more then a 200ma. So it needs the use of relays
bmlime
mpalarm 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2003 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  

Dear Bmline,

Your problem have more simple decision, from this, which these people here recommends you. Your best way to control the original alarm in the vehicle is to connect the wires from your Viper alarm into the drivers door to the wires coming from the keylock. This is the only way to remote the factory alarm, because inside the door the signals are coded in only one wire. That`s the problem. Don`t try to connect your alarm to the drivers door motor for central locking, use the wires inside the door before they goes into the fabric module for the window motor and central locking module. All this reccomends of other guys like rti3tdi are bull sh*ts (i`m sorry for my strong words), but they havent good experience in this european vehicles, how i can see from their answers.

Good luck !

mpalarm

MPAlarm
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
You should have just had an upgrade remote start installed - you use your factory remotes. There is the Prestige AS9075 or a DEI piece. This way you could hide the fact you had a remote start put in if you ever needed to warranty the car at the dealer. And the remotes would work the same as they always did.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic