reformation2004 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
I'm looking to build a system with
      1. Alpine CDA - 9856
      2. Focal Polyglass 165V1 components
      3. Rockford Fosgate P310D4 Sub
I wanted to know if the Eclipse XA4000 would be powerful enough to juice the focal components and the P3 sub. If not what mono amp would you recommend for the sub and what 2 channel amp would you recommend for the focal components?
Also, I have become very interested in SQ and I wanted to know if the Focal's would be the components to choose over all other components in the $200-$300 dollar price range?
To help answer that question, I'm looking for a very nice SQ system over the usual bass systems you hear everywhere you go with no highs whatsoever.
Thanks for any replies
Mike
reformation2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry I didn't post any data specs. I assume that why I haven't got a response. Here's the specs.
Eclipse XA4000
Power RMS 4-ohm 125W x 4
Power RMS 2-ohm 175W x 4
S/N Ratio >90dB
Crossover HP/LP/SUB 30Hz - 500Hz 18dB/Octoave
Focal Components
Nominal power: 70 W
Maximum power: 140 W
Sensitivity (2.83V/m): 93 dB
P310D4 Sub
10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
power range: 100-400 watts RMS (200 watts per coil)
peak power handling: 800 watts
sensitivity: 85 dB
Hopes this get's me some help :)
Thanks
Mike
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
In my opinion, yes. That is an outstanding piece of gear, I love all of the new Ice Power amps from Eclipse. I've been a fan of Eclipse gear since way back, and the new stuff is no exception.
I'd say, go for it!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

You could use that amp. but i wouldnt make a permanant thing. i would eventually get a sub amp and then use your 4 channel to power all the mids and highs and then the sub amp to power the sub.

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
reformation2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for both or your replies. I just found that Eclispe Amp for $295 bucks shipped and it retails at $495.00..
Thanks again.
Mike
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
be careful where you buy from, because you don't always get what you pay for, especially with that scam that is going on right now on e-bay.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
That would work perfect if you bridge 2 of the 4 channels and power the sub with it. If you dont already have the 165V1s you may want to think about getting the V2s. The V2s have a much better tweeter and crossover. Plus the tweeter with the V1 is not as directional as the V2. I run the v3s in my car which is basically the same as the v2s except there is an added 4" components to make it a 3-way component set. I love them. great choice on the focal and eclipse by the way. Now your only weakpoint is the sub.
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
reformation2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
killer sonata wrote:
Now your only weakpoint is the sub.
I've been doing some research on subs and I've decided not to go with the P3 Fosgate Sub. I have a 2005 GMC Standard Cab Canyon and plan to set up the sub behind the driver's seat. I was looking at the Alpine Type R 10's sub and it looks pretty nice. Since I don't have that much air space in the back of my standard cab canyon do you guys recommend the Alpine Type R or a diff. 10' sub?
Also would you guys recommend buying a sealed truck box from Q-Logic or will is totally kill the subs performance?
Mike
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
As much as i love type R subs, Im not going to recommend it in your situation. since you are going for a SQ setup, I think a type R would be overkill for your truck. It would overpower everything else you have in there. You could do a lot better with a type E or maybe a type S. If you want to sqitch brands, focal makes some great subs. MTX and JL audio are also up there but dont come close to comparing with Focal
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Oh, forgot to address the box question. I never recommend buying a premade box. The chances that it is made to spec for the sub you buy is minimal. Build your own box. It is very easy to do.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic