icon

Sub/Amp decisions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cptassistant 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  
In all honesty, I have never purchased any sorts of car audio. I have however done a good amount of research.. but every time I think I've made a decision, I find some negatives on my choices. I've decided to register for the forums that I've been trolling and ask the experts their opinions.
Now for the details.. I am a college student, so price is a factor unfortunately.
I drive a Toyota Matrix and have a Sony CDX-GT300 headunit (gift). My current plans are to buy an amp and a pair of 10" subs. Future plans would be to upgrade my current stock speakers.
The help I'm asking for? I need some opinions on what would give me a good bang for the buck. I would like to keep the price under control, but also don't want to sacrafice too much quality due to cheapness. I can have a box built, and am sure I can find some plans for that somewhere online.. what type of box would you recommend for a Matrix?
A big thanks in advance, and I'm glad this place exists!
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 4:36 AM / IP Logged  
cptassistant wrote:
In all honesty, I have never purchased any sorts of car audio. I have however done a good amount of research.. but every time I think I've made a decision, I find some negatives on my choices. I've decided to register for the forums that I've been trolling and ask the experts their opinions.
Now for the details.. I am a college student, so price is a factor unfortunately.
I drive a Toyota Matrix and have a Sony CDX-GT300 headunit (gift). My current plans are to buy an amp and a pair of 10" subs. Future plans would be to upgrade my current stock speakers.
The help I'm asking for? I need some opinions on what would give me a good bang for the buck. I would like to keep the price under control, but also don't want to sacrafice too much quality due to cheapness. I can have a box built, and am sure I can find some plans for that somewhere online.. what type of box would you recommend for a Matrix?
A big thanks in advance, and I'm glad this place exists!
We need to know you price range and what type of bass you are looking for. The box will depend on the sub you choose.
Welcome to the site!
cptassistant 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, I was a bit tired when I wrote that..

My price range can be a bit vague, I wouldn't like to spend anything more than 400ish max. Like I said, college student = little income... so if I can save some $$ by downgrading slightly I would be very happy.
I don't need anything near the top end.. I just want some bass that will fill my sound and provide some extra thump when necessary. Most of my music is rock/punk.. sometimes rap gets snuck in there.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic