icon

Clifford IG 8000 Proximity

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
black-n-blue 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  

I've searched and read, but still can't seem to get my proximity to work right.  I have a Jeep Cherokee and the Intelliguard 8000 system (bought used).  The proximity seems to be the only problem I am having.  I adjusted as the manual said, and for the first day it worked great, but now, about a week later, it's going off all the time.  It can be setting in the middle of a parking lot and sound the warn away when there isn't anyone near it,,, and most of the time, it will then sound the full alarm right afterwards.  But if I walk up to it,,, I have to lean on the window before it will give the warn away.    Funny thing is, when I go to program mode to test and adjust, it works perfectly....   I wouldn't mind the warn away going off occaisionally,,, but it seems the siren tone from that sets off the full alarm about 1 second later....  Could the magnetic waves from the siren be setting off the sensor as well?  The sensor is in the console almost at the edge of the dash,,, should I move it closer to the rear seat so that it's farther away from the siren?   I have the inside zone turned way down right now, and in program mode I have to be a few inches away from it to get the alarm,,,, i would like it to be more sensitive, but I can't due to the warn away triggering the full alarm.... 

I can get a Peizo sensor also or in place of,,, but how good are those, are they better?

Also, I do have a second sensor that is some kind of proximity or radar that came with this, but there is no information written on it.  Did the IG 8000 come with 2 types of sensors or did the previous owner add one?

Thanks in advance!!!!

tkegler 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2006 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

I use this piece all the time use a relay to power up the parts and use the ground from the starterkill to turn on the relay .use a 1amp fuse on tnh parts you are powering up.

95/max/w 4-15in.subs
black-n-blue 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2006 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
I have got this cured....  I moved the proximity sensor from near the dash, to the bottom of the console lid.  After adjusting the sensitivity,,, it works perfectly....  Warn away only happens about 1 foot from any of the glass except the rear hatch,,,, then with the windows down, I can put my hand inside up to about my elbow and then it goes off...   Thanks for the idea on the relay though,,, good idea!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic