the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

pac ipac aux ipod2car causing low volume?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
renian13 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
dear all
trying to get this ipac aux pod ipod car adapter installed in my 99 benz e320 with Eclipse CD8455 Headunit.
the install shop just called me and said that the audio volume gets real low when they hook this up, that maybe there's a short in it or something, so I told them to remove it for now. Does anyone know what could be causing this? (I made sure to turn the switches like the instruction paper said)
pls advise, thanks
alex
dfizzle 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 3:30 AM / IP Logged  
The only problem with the   Eclipse IPC-106 adapter is that with the 8455 you only have limited control on the deck., like you won't be able to search as easily through your library, if at all.  I'm not sure why Eclipse has yet to come out with a new adapter that works perfectly with all their decks.  The only decks with full control through the adapter are the CD7000, CD5000, CD4000, and CD3000.  Again, it doesn't make sense, but that's the deal.  Still, even limited control over the iPod is better than not being able to hear it and as a last resort you could always go the AUX in method with Aux input adapter cable but then all your controls will be on the iPod itself.  I'm not sure if the iPac unit give you complete iPod control, but if not I'd definately look into the Eclipse adapter.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic