icon

Autopage 860lcd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
goldenchild7801 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

Im installing the autopage on a 98 blazer, can anyone help with the wiring diagrams. I have the 12volt cd and Ive compared that to the wiring diagram on the site but they have different colors for some wires?. 

****Would I be able to start the blazer (test the autopage) by starting the truck with the key in the ignition and without the passlock bypass using the remote. I tried to get a resistane reading so that I can use a resistor but I didnt get a reading so Im trying to test the autopage without the bypass,  would the truck start or wouldnt it? I'll have to go through the rewiring if its suppose to start with the key in the ignition by using the remote  

stripandcrimp 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

You can get a free wiring guide here to compare to what you have, the one on this link is accurate. http://autoalarmpro.com/vehicle_wiring_guides 

and...you can't test a PASSLOCK-II system just by leaving the key in the ignition. This only works with "transponder" type keys (Ford, Chrysler etc.).
I have done it though, by activating the remote start and right when the remote starter kicks in (before cranking) you quickly turn the ignition on with the key and if you get the timing right it will remote start. Its a little tricking though. And you don't want to fail trying it more than 2x because the system will go into "anti-theft" mode and then you'll have to wait 20 minutes with the key in the ignition, with the ignition on, until the anti-theft mode clears and you are able to start the vehicle with the key.
I'll try to get you a link to some instructions for bypassing & reading the resistance for the passlock-II system. If your not getting a reading your doing something wrong.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic