< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2gnt97gs 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Alarm: Dei Rattler 300
Car: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Ok here is the history....
I have had this alarm for about 5 years now. So far I have added several sensor add-ons and and learned alot about this alarm. So far everything has worked fine until a few months ago.
Im the only person who drives my car and nothing has been messed with recently involving the alarm or its wiring that I am aware of. Only normal driving situations from day to day, no gravel roads, only open and close the driver door when entering and exiting the car. So this new problem has me stumped.
First problem started a few months back is when I added a relay and multiple sirens. They work properly except when I would arm the alarm, the siren would not chirp but the alarm was armed. When the alarm is disarmed it would chirp twice like it is supposed to. Now the wierd thing is that sometimes it will chirp when armed and sometimes it won't like its being silent armed. When just the single siren is wired it chirps normally but when the second is added it would act as described above.
Second problem just started after I re-installed my factory radio and cd player (which was just a plug and play install, no wires were messed with) What is happening is that sometimes (not every time) when the car is armed, after I walk away it will activate and sound the sirens with a false alarm. This has happened several times and I have even timed it to around a 20 second interval that this false alarm will occur if it decides to. (does not happen every time)
Anyone have any insight to these problems?
I have checked all fuses, also bought and installed a new driver side door pin switch to try and rule out some possible solutions.
I would buy a newer alarm and just be done with this old one but Im afraid with all the modules and sensors it would cost a small fortune to have it professionally wired again.
Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
The Siren not working all the time is probably a bad ground. Check the ground again, and see if there there is a solid connection between the sire wiren and output wire of the alarm.
The next problem with it going off when you arm is probably the old shock sensor. It might have gone bad over the year. But to make sure, once it goes off Look at the LED to see what it is telling you. (im guessing its 2 flashes for shock sensor)
I really doubt you need to buy a new alarm. This one is really good and it shouldnt crap out on you.
2gnt97gs 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply...
If it is the old shock sensor, how would I totally disable it from the alarm. Its the internal shock sensor so is there a programable way of disabling it cause I already have it turned all the way down cause it was being set off by loud truck exhausts.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Turning it way down should have done the trick. Its left to turn down sensitivity and right to increase

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic