icon

What I Need to set up subs and amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hipkid311 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
Ok so I am a 16 yr old that has no real idea what I need to fully set up my subs and amp. I am planning on buying a 2400 Watt Legacy LA2038 amp and two 1200 Watt Pyle PL1295BL subs. I also am planning on ordering a dual 12 inch hatchback box. I have a good friend who can wire all this. Now what else do I need? He just said as long as I have all the equipment he'll do the job for 50$. I am a bit confused with all this...can I get some help. Oh and I am planning on getting all this for around 280$ which includes shipping. Is this a good buy and if not where is a better place to buy it. Thanks for your help.
Patrick Baker
arcangel9 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
Ill give you a little tip, dont buy these things, save your money and get quality stuff, I have a 700 dollar system and its not even top of the line. All I have is A 600watt kicker amp, a 10" Kicker L5 a Panasonic head unit and 6"inch speakers in my doors. 280 dollars isnt anything really, My head unit costed 250.
Legacy and Pyle arent very high quality or very reliable. But if you dont take my advice and go with your selection, you need an aftermarket head unit unless you hook it up to your factory HU wich is pretty much worthless. You will also need a wiring harness for your HU and a wiring kit for your amp.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
Agree with previous poster...Those brands are all poopy...stinky poopy thats it.
All for 280 isn't goin to get you much...word of advice is to save up all you can...decent head unit is about 150...can get a decent 12 inch sub for around 100-150...decent amp for around 150-200...wires you can get from knuconceptz.com...I'm purchasing a 4 gauge kit myself from there...good stuff for good prices.
All of this is just general ideas though.
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  

That stuff will work but just be surprised when the stuff blows or stops working, Here is a decent set up and it leave a little money for a cheap sub box (walmat) If you can it would be in your best interest to have a sealed box built for the best sound. And it all good equipment, the nice thing about this set up is as more money come's in this stuff will still work, it will not be the loudest system but it will work, with a factory deck. And any amp kit will work fine if installed correctly. Hope this helps some What I Need to set up subs and amp - Last Post -- posted image.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Car+Electronics&pid=05733284000&vertical=ELEC&subcat=Speakers&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes 59.99

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&pid=05733367000&cat=Car+Electronics&subcat=Amplifiers&vertical=ELEC&ihtoken=1 159.99

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic