icon

Autopage RS750lcd?????

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Pufferking 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  

Hello i am new to this forum  and have some qustion's.

I am thinking of buying a autopage RS750lcd i was the info and it said it has 5 onboard relays.My qustion is do i still need to use externel relays.I want to yse the starting feeture also.

Also how hard is it to hook up this alarm.

Thanks

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  
The only relays you will need is a starter kill relay (if it is not included already, some companies dont include one) as well as any relays that your particular vehicle may require. most vehicles will not require additionjal relays, but if you tell us what vehicle you have we can tell you exactly how many relays you will need.
As far as the installation goes, if you have no experience it will take you some time. The autopage is a great product but the install manual can be confusing to someone with little experience, but hey! that is what this forum is for. With our help you will be able to install it.
So post what vehicle it is going into.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Pufferking 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply I have a 1992 ford explorer automatic v6 4.0L 2door 2wheel drive.

I bought this Ford explorer car alarm &  remote start guide from ebay for like $7.00 and it has all the wire color codes and other infor to install alarms So hopefully this will help and if not I can always come here and ask a qustion.

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=1950023866&ed=1042363099&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOT:US:3

jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Ok so you bought an installation guide which should help you locate the wires, but it should also tell you what additional relays and accessories you need as well, but I can give you a brief overview quickly. If you have factory keyless entry you will not need relays for your door locks, but if you do not, then you will need 2 relays since the door locks will be reverse polarity without keyless, and negative with keyless. Then you will need a relay for the starter kill if it does not comewith one, and you may need a relay if you want illuminated entry. Otherwise this vehicle is pretty straight forward. If you get the autopage, I would use voltage sensing mode instead of hooking a tach wire.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Pufferking 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i was not sure if i needed to buy relays when i buy the alarm becouse on the autopage rs750lcd box it said it has 5 on board relay's was not sure.Also why should i use the voltage sensing modr instead of hooking a tach wire.is it better

Thanks

pufferking

jrilla 
Posted: January 14, 2003 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Voltage mode works really well and i would try it out before hooking up a tach.

J Rilla
Owner/Installer
gunner_for_hire 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2003 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

I'm trying to install this alarm on a 1997 yukon two door...

Will I need additional relays for my application?

Thanks!

gmc4x4 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2003 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

for the yukon i think you will need 2 relays (for the accessory wires)

For the Ford exploder :) I messed with the tach mode for awhile but it gave me problems. I switched to Volage and never had a problem since. On a seperate not, the tach wire was kind of a pain to run. And if I knew I didnt need it in the first place i woulda skipped that step..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic