icon

Fried my alarm brain Why?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KBToys 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged  
Alright I can not figure out why I keep frying my alarm brain. Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I have strobe lights installed on my truck and wanted them to go off when the alarm goes off. Also I installed a piezo siren in the truck. This is how I hooked it up. Using a relay I used the regluar output siren wire to triger the relay. From there I have the relay powering the strobes and the piezo siren. Now the siren alarm output wire will not work at all now. Using a multimeter it show that there is less than 1 volt coming out of the siren output wire now. My only guess is the regular siren and the piezo siren are sharing the same ground and maybe the it's not a good enough ground. Any other idea's? Oh and it is a viper 500ESP
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

Well, the strobe lights are drawing lots of power.  You will have to hookup the strobe lights to a different circuit.  Here is how you have to hook it up.

Strobe lights to the siren output and parking lights outputs.  Viper has positive siren and parking lights output.  you will need 2 relays

strobe lights to pin 30, pin 86 to ground from siren output, pin 85 parking light positive output, pin 87 12v+ 15 amps and pin 87a not use, and Black wire goes to ground.

Piezo siren ground to pin 30 and to pin 86 on strobe lights relay, pin 86 siren positive output from Viper 500ESP, pin 85 and 87 to ground and pin 87a not use, 12v+ 3 amps to RED wire on Piezo Siren.

Good luck

KBToys 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2003 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  

Let me know if you think this is possible? From the siren output wire I hook a relay up and from that relay power the siren strobes, piezo siren? Would that work? Also lets say that I did overloard the siren wire. Would the problem I have now be in result of that. Right now the alarm does work but  there is no siren. I checked the siren and it is fine. It is the siren output wire that is not working.

10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2003 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
DEI offer lifetime warranty on the brain.  Return the 500ESP and get a new one.  The Stobe lights have a huge current draws and it cannot run on constant.  Remember, the siren max output is 3 amps and can drive up to 2 sirens.  You should hook it up with the configuration above then you should not have any problem.  VIPER has positive siren and parking lights output.  You have to change it to negative with a relay.
whereisthatwire 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2003 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  

If the warranty does not go through, check  http://www.autotechs.com/subcat59.htm for alarm brain.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic