Falcon alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eireal 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  
Hello guys
Im trying to wire up a falcon easyfit alarm to my 00 Fiat punto (uk spec) .Im unable to find the indicator flash wires which i have to tap into(theres 2 coming from the alarm)
Can anyone give me an indication (excuse the pun!) as to colour and location
Also i have a problem with the door trigger,I attached the wire to the GREEN / WHITE one coming from the switch at the drivers door,which was fine but only when u open the drivers door will it activate.
So i ran a wire over from the pink/white wire at the passenger side door switch BUT when i attached all the wires together and open either doors the alarm doesnt recognise it or sound.
When i ran the pink/white directly to the alarm trigger wire and open it it will sound the alarm but when both drivers and passenger door are connected nothing happens.

I was also supplied with a seperate shock sensor with the alarm but there is no aux port onboard to add it.There's 3 wires from the sensor,red,black and green,can this still be added onto the alarm even without an aux channel?

I have downloaded the punto wiring diagram which is for 01 or 96 but there colour wiring is incorrect to the ones in car
Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening or how to wire it correctly
Thanks
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
I have not worked on a Fiat, nor have I seen a Falcon alarm, but I will try to help.
--As far as the indicator wires, those would be the left and right turn signals, correct?
Open the trunk, in the back of the car, and move the carpeting or panels so that you san see the backside of the taillamps.
Most likely, you will see that all the light bulbs back there have the same color for one wire.........that is probably ground or earth........and then, each bulb will have a different-color wire.
Pay attention to which bulb is for the turn indicator, and make a note of the color.
Now, go inside the car, to the wire bundle under the carpet, on the floor.........find the same color wire.......TEST THE WIRE with a multimeter or test light to verify that it is the turn-indicator wire.....and there you have it.
---Door trigger:
If you are going to combine the car's left and right door pinswitch wires, to connect both of them to the alarm......you should be using diodes to isolate them from each other........Fiat intended them to be separate for a reason......simply tying them together with wire will alter the design of the car.
At this the12volt.com website, on the left under the "Basics" section, is an excellent article on how and why to use diodes.
However, since ALL of the doors turn on the interior domelight, you may be able to simply use the domelight wire as your door trigger.
First, unscrew the domelight from the car's roof, and let it hang by its wires.
Next, TEST both of the wires at the domelight, and determine which one changes state when the door is opened and closed.
Then, look for the same wire at a more convenient place in the car.....usually you can remove the trim from the driver's-side A-pillar (windshield post), and locate the wire there.
If all else fails, it would only take a few extra minutes to run a wire to the domelight itself.
----Shock sensor:
Most likely, the red is for positive power, the black is for negative ground/earth..........and the green wire will put out a ground when the sensor is triggered.
After you read the section about diodes, you will learn how to connect multiple triggers to your alarm, even if it has only one trigger input.
You can use the diodes to isolate the shock sensor, and the domelight, from each other........then combine them and connect them both to the alarm's door trigger input.
One downside to all this is that even a small bump to the car is going to put the alarm into full-trigger mode with lights and siren..........you will not be able to use the shock sensor's "warn-away" feature.
eireal 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Chris

Many thanks for your informative post its been a great help!

Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
Pick up the door wire on the drivers a pillar. This is the wiring which goes to the interior light. You will not need to connect the pink/white as this one wire covers all the doors.
Indicator wires can be found on the drivers sill. These are the wires which run fron the front to the rear and contain the wires for the rear indicators. From memory fiat are light blue and lightblue/red tracer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic