icon

Best places to purchase raw LED's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Focusedonsound 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
I have done a lot of research into LED's and have a project lined up once I purchase the LED's that I will be needing.
With that said. I have looked at various different websites but some of the sites look rather sketchy. What are some of the sources for LED's. On an average what should I be paying for them and What are some things I should be looking out for?
Thanks in advance
Nick
stealthone 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
Believe it or not, I get the best deals on eBay. There are a couple suppliers from Hong Kong on there that have provided me with high quality LED's at rock bottom pricing including IR and CMOS (blinking) LED's.
The only drawback is someone has to sign for them upon receipt as they come registered mail from Hong Kong.
Like someone a little closer and faster? Try www.superbrightleds.com - has loose LED's plus hundreds of LED products - a fun site to visit.
sporty_drew 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2006 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
oznium.com
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2006 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  

www.123leds.com

I've ordered from them well over 25 times, good prices, great ship times and product. I used to modify xbox consoles as a side buisness, everything from hardware mods to case mods, but the main thing people wanted was leds everywhere and anywhere, out of the 1,500 or so leds I ordered from 123 maybe only 10-15 were bad, and after a phone call were replaced for free, on hearsay in less than 3 buisness days by mail

rtfm
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2006 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
i second www.besthongkong.com hey are amazing. it does take a little bit longer for the goods to arrive but what do you expect, its from hong kong! I buy all of my leds and resistors from that site.  
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
compudude86 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
yea ive bought off ebay too, be careful with as few, and you get what you pay for, i ordered white leds with the "free resistors" and now all my white lighting has died over time. i go to superbrightleds.com once in a while, they have some really fun things
kardain 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2006 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
[quote]i second www.besthongkong.com hey are amazing. it does take a little bit longer for the goods to arrive but what do you expect, its from hong kong! I buy all of my leds and resistors from that site. [/quote]
Third it, I get my resistors from LSDiodes though.
xtreme4u2nv 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
bballguy162006 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

I get my LEDs from lsdiodes.com 

I like'em

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.