amps, speakers, subs, batteries!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saoxcore 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
i have a few questions.
first off, my car is a plymouth sundance 89 (i think thats the year) and its a four door. okay, we got that down.
now, i just got a head unit. alpine cda9856. i thought it'd make my stock speakers sound better, but i guess not? they still cant go very loud without distorting (i figured the watts from the head unit would make my stock sound better..guess not) anyway. im going to be getting new speakers.
i have in mind alpine SPS-13C2, OR SPS-57C2. are those good speakers, by the way? will they really improve my sound, from the stock? also, someone suggested a alpine MRP-F250 to power them.. but thats 200 dollars. powering a few speakers which only have 35-55 rms watts, for 200 dollars? sorta pricey to me.
now subs and amp! im gonna be getting a alpine type r 12 inch, 1242d. someone suggested to get the dual 4ohm, and then wire it to 2ohm? also, for my box.. i want good sound quality, with a lotta bass. that means i want a ported box, right? (by the way, i dont know if this will help but ill mostly be playing rap) and since i cant build anything, i guess im going to have to fork out money on a box from best buy or something. how much money are they usually? and what if i buy a doodiety box for my sub? i dont even know what size or anything i need. ah :/ and now an amp for it. someone said to get a Alpine MRD-605, wired to 2ohms. well, thats 400 dollars. someone however suggested a Hifonics TXi 7506. its only about 200 on some sites right now, and i think puts out around the same rms. is that hifonics unit a good amp? any direction with good/cheap amps would be nice.
and i think one of my most worried questions is- will i need a new battery or something to power all of this? because as of right now, my battery is half way full (thats what my dashboard thing says) and i know amps use up the battery.. and i dont want it to die, or my lights be *really* dim.
sorry, a long post. and its more talk then ask, but oh well
amps, speakers, subs, batteries! - Last Post -- posted image.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  

saoxcore wrote:
will i need a new battery or something to power all of this? because as of right now, my battery is half way full (thats what my dashboard thing says)

amps, speakers, subs, batteries! - Last Post -- posted image.  That's a good one.

You really need to understand the basics of how a car works before you try to make changes to it.  At least, read or ask around at your local garage about what your car is telling you.  Go through the chapters at www.BCAE1.com from the beginning for a good start after that.  Perry uses analogies for the relationship between voltage and current flow, etc. that makes it clear to understand.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
saoxcore 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
hmmm
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
saoxcore wrote:
will i need a new battery or something to power all of this? because as of right now, my battery is half way full (thats what my dashboard thing says)
Drive down to your local mechanic and tell him exactly that. Even better yet, call into Car Talk so I can hear you ask that question. amps, speakers, subs, batteries! - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic