icon

installation school in miami fl.?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r.a.d racing 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to find a car audio installation school in miami, or ft lauderdale fl. I have been into installing sterio systems in cars for years. I want to start doing it professionally. I need a place close by me, so I can learn more and get a certificate. I would appreciate it if you guys can suggest any schools in, or close by the miami fl area. 
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

My opinion is- keep your money, especially if you're an experienced installer.  If you're looking to get certified, checkout www.mecp.com, get a study guide, and see what you need to do to take the basic test at your local library.  That'll get you a certificate, which can sometimes be helpful when looking for a job, but in no way guarantees you one.  If you get on at a good shop, you'll have periodic training on fabrication as well as new gear, etc. anyway.  Plus the other techs can show you some tricks of the trade.  Basically, you'll probably feel like you wasted your money on unneeded schooling.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
r.a.d racing 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
I'm some what experienced in installing. But even after 12 years of experience, I could use a little more help. Especially with alarms. Iv'e only done one alarm. I tried for a job at brandsmart, about 2 years ago, and they never called me back. Maybe it's just me, or I don't know as much as I thought I did. I know if I had a certificate I would have probably got the job.
r.a.d racing 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
I just checked out that link you gave me. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

apply for a job at a *big box store* like best buy or circuit city, that will get you the hands on training,tricks of the trade and they'll pay for the bronze level and the silver level mecp certication

rtfm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic