icon

32 band eq

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
Seeing as how I've been doing concert lighting for a few years, I refuse to use anything other an eq of that size. Always made the difference at concerts. So who makes good units for cars, or do I just need to install a whole drive rack in my truck? 32 band eq - Last Post -- posted image.32 band eq - Last Post -- posted image.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
That is overkill man, I am a DJ and know how big those are. You definently won't be able to put it under your steering column as that is a favorite among people! LoL
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.eclipse-web.com/equalizer/index.html

I have used this eq before with great results.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
http://www.altomobile.com/main/catalogue_dig_xover.html
Click on the UCSPro link on the left... I have two of these, one for sub, one for doors...
PC adjustable, a true "set-it-and-forget-it" toy, I highly recommend them! BITCHIN' gear, man! SO much more than an EQ, but it's a beautiful piece of kit. Spendy, at about 800 dollars each, worth every penny, considering what they do!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
Never seen a 32 band, 31 band is popular. You need a 1/3 octaves' doing arenas when you got 20+ open mics and a full Clair Rig. The venues change, as do the acoustics needing more control. Less EQing the better! Klark made a great EQ, Cut Only, no boost! and No, you can't use a Whole Hog II or a Pearl. They are upgrading the Grand Ma, might work!
Zapco has a new DSP or the analoge EQ-30's, Alto makes a cool unit DSP. Audio Control. Many of the new high end head units have EQ, Time Delay and X-over all built in. Unless you are entering competitions or doing a HLCD you might not need 31 bands. The less processing the better!
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, it seems like overkill, but i'm just real wonky about the ability to control my sound. And i'm yet to see a cd player with a built in eq that I like. guess i'm just spoiled.

oh yeah, be hard to find me behind a whole hog, maybe a grandMA, but i'm a huge Vari-Lite Virtuoso Fan.

Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic