icon

DVA9861 not displaying ID3 tags

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
disker 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2006 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

Greetings. Everyone here seems to be really knowledgible so I figured I would pick your brains.

I have an Alpine DVA-9861 HU that I am using. Everything on it is GREAT, except...
When playing an MP3 DVD or CD, the ID3 tag information sometimes doesn't show on the HU's display. Sometimes on the same song it will. And, when it is not showing, turning the HU off and back on results in the information being displayed.
To check a theory, I connected an external monitor to the HU and the ID3 information displayed perfectly on the display, but on the HU, it shows up as if the ID3 information is missing.
Here is a pic so you can see what I am talking about...
DVA9861 not displaying ID3 tags - Last Post -- posted image.
The wording where the HU shows "ALBUM" should say Cinematic Superthug - and it usually does.

Sometimes it just shows an empty album name as in this pic, but other times it will show missing information in all three fields.

It appears that it is reading the MP3 tag correctly because it is showing on the external display, and works fine with IPOD and CD Changer, just not on the internal disk/internal display.
I reset the unit and it will work fine for about 2 days and this starts happenong again. This happens on any MP3 disk (CD or DVD) placed into the HU's internal disk reader.
Am I the only one having this problem, or has someone else had the same (or similar) problem and has found a resolution? I'm not fond of shipping this unit back to Alpine and be without tunes for 2 weeks as I drive 8+ hours a day...
Thank you all VERY much in advance.

Disker
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2006 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
You have all the tags filled in for the MP3s before burning them to a disc? A lot of downloaded MP3s don't have the tags filled in and need to be added, some ripping programs also require you to fill them in yourself.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm
disker 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2006 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yes - both the v1 and v2 tags - if you look at the display on the lower left, it is showing the full tags, it's just the display on the HU that doesn't always show. And, turning the unit off and back on will show the tag on the HU for the same song. So, it isn't the tag missing from the song or the unit not reading it, just diplaying the information on the HU display.
Disker
disker 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Not only that, but all my MP3s are ripped from my personal CD collection, and I am VERY meticulous about having ALL the information filled in.
Disker

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic