autopage 860lcd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kristie_jeff 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2006 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all, great forum you have here.
I will be installing a remote start/alarm in a 2005 bonneville se in the very near future. I am looking at getting the Autopage 860LCD for various reasons. I have installed several remotestart units in the past, but all have been on older cars and all have been prestige units.
I have been reading the install manual for the 855lcd that I found on this site and I have a few questions.
Most important for me is the Passkey 3 system in my car. On page 13 of this manual, it shows a way to make a relay with some thin wire wrapped around the ignition cylinder and a key. Is this a poor man's way of bypassing the passkey system, or will I still have to buy an add-on unit for this purpose?
I am wondering if my car uses the usual negative switched door locks. I have not torn into the car yet, only had it 3 weeks, so I am not sure. It doesn't look like anything special from the wiring diagrams that I have looked at.
I would like to keep the factory features of 2-step unlocking and all of the exterior lights coming on when the factory system is unarmed. I guess I am wondering if there is an easy way to do these (like tapping into the factory arm/unarm wires) or will I have to setup relays for the locks and run wires all over creation to connect the exterior lights to the domelight relay.
Hereis a link to the pdf that I am reading.
Thanks for any info you can provide, and thanks for having such a great place to share knowlege.
Jeff
kristie_jeff 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2006 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Oh one more thing. I thought I read somewhere that the factory system can be armed/disarmed using the key by locking/unlocking the driver's door. I can't find where I read that again, but on mine it unlocks all of the doors, but doesn't lock all of them this way.
Did I read something wrong?
kristie_jeff 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2006 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Well, after reading some more I have discovered that there are bypass kits available to accomplish all of this.
Thanks again
Jeff

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic