icon

Staple gun

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pmh61 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2006 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
i used to use a senco upholstry gun to staple all of my fleece to my mdf and so forth but mine was droped and it now unrepairable have any of you used the stanley staple guns the use T-50 staples or any other kind of electric staple gun to put your fleece on any ideas i don't really feel like getting another air one would like an electric any help would be helpful thanks
torquehead 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

I've used several staple guns to construct a multitude of components.  Even those cheapys that use the Arrow T-50 staples, even a slap stapler in which is about the only one I dont recommend, but it worked.  The best one I have used and continue to use is a simple electric stapler from some place like Wal-Mart or Lowes/Home Depot/National Lumber chain stores.  They are adjustable as far as exertion on the staple, meaning if you have something soft, adjust it down, if your stapling something like MDF, or fiberglass itself, turn it up.  Mine will pop out staples or brads, which I have found needs for both.  These electric ones have the ability to pop out several different widths of staples as well, so when you have a very curved spot that a wide staple will not hold fabric very well....use a more narrow staple. 

austincustoms 
Copper - Posts: 232
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2006 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
I use a spring loaded Stanley, and it works great.  It's also adjustable.  The only problem I have is when you're trying to balance it on something and squeeze it, you can easily miss your mark.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2006 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
I would suggest staying with the pneumatic....it's an investment in YOURSELF .....get a good one and take care of it (don't drop it) It shouild serve you for 20 years.
pmh61 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2006 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
yes i am going back to pneumatic i got an electric just to try it out and its god awful might be good for dumb arts and crafts but oh lord trying to staple fleece to mdf is a nightmare. LOL,.......so what brand of stapler do you guys use or any links to where you get yours and the one i broke lasted me 5years
supersix4 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2006 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
If you were happy before, get another Senco - they make a good product. Or, if you want to try something different, I have a BeA that I like just fine. The BeA that I have uses staples that are 3/8" wide. The Senco that I've seen used 1/2 wide staples. The narrower staples can make it easier to go over certain curves.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2006 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Porter Cable, Ingersol Rand, and Senco.....
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2006 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
I say get manual with it. Grab some small nails and hammer it down instead.
j/k
Pneumatic all the way.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
supersix4 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2006 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

Fv(%!n hard core, man ... hard core ...

LOL!!

torquehead 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
My electric stapler I refered to is a Craftsman, but its like 7+ years old and (still) not a bit of problems with it going through MDF.  Its adjustments go up to 12, but for MDF I have to set it on 9 to keep it from setting the staples too far into the wood to where the fabric rips.  I guess I have to consider the element here, because 7 years ago must have been the last few years Craftsman's electric tools were made to last...(NOT made in China - no offens intended, just an indismisable fact).  I did look at others that are available today and none of them are made like mine.  If my electric breaks, Im going pneumatic.  Of coarse, the cost is going to have to be worth it.  If 3 electrics that cost $35 each that last just 1 year, versus 1 pneumatic costing ??? $150.....  I suppose "To each thier own"?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic