icon

New Car, New system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
95cat 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2006 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  

So I finally recieved my court check and I was able to purchase the car of my dreams, a 99 Camaro SS. I had been saving up for a new system for awhile now and have around $700. I've already went ahead and purchased a mechman HO alternator, an optima yellow top and upgraded the grounds and power wires. With the left over money I have around $3000 to spend on a new system. And I would probaly wait and save up another grand or so if need be. So far I've picked out an Eclipse CD8445 for the HU, I personally favor the dual knobs over the newer single large knob on the newer models. But beyond that I haven't made up my mine.

I would like to get a pair of componement 6.5s for the front replacements. I've been looking at Boston Pro60's and the MB quart PCE 216s. Right now I'm running a pair of RF power 6x9s, they get the job done but thats about it. I've heard good remarks about both products and just trying to get some more opinions. After choosing the right speakers I`ll find a high quality amp to power them. Most likely an eclipse or a smaller us amp.

Allright on to the subwoofer. I haven't made up my mind whether to choose 2 12"s or 1 15". I've heard everything from 15"s being too slow and sloppy, to them being deep bass monsters.I`m looking for a subwoofer that can hit low notes while still being everyday listenable. The sub or subs will end up in a ported enclousure after I remove the rear seats to accomadate a large box. So far I've been looking at the Eclipse titaniums, Memphis Mojos, RE XXX, DD 9900, and the Soundsplinter supreme subwoofers. Any other recommendations, or which of these would I be best suited to get?

Also amp wise I would like to either run an amp per sub. And I was thinking of either going with memphis mojo amp or perhaps a exterminator us amp? Any suggestions and recommanded are highly wanted to help me choose this system. Thanks

95 Mercury Cougar
Eclipse HU
12" Memphis m3
Memphis 1000.1d
RF Power 6x9
geofbettis003 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2006 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
if you haven't already...i'd recommend looking into getting some Focal components up in the front and some co-ax's for your b pillar! if you want the BEST sound reproduction quality that you could possibly get, then go with the Eclipse head unit being that its'a 8V rated deck...Focal fronts and rears...and tie those all together with an awesome amp...i.e. JL or Infinity being that those have the better power rating and lower single to noise ratios on the market! as far as subs go, are you planning on taking your car to competitions?! if not, why would you want a box that would remove your rear seats? if you are up to the idea of a well built "Pre-Fab" enclosure that fits right and allows you to do what you are looking for, take a look at these guys subthump.com
from what i've read and seen, these guys make a good quality box that still can get you into the mid 140s db and look good too!
if you want bass though...you can't go wrong with Kicker!
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse titanium 12's and the proper box for them. Loud and deep, multi tone bass response (not a one note wonder brown note sub).  Power with a DA7232 for the sub and if you can find a PA5542, use it on the front and rears.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic