icon

sony xplod speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasonschwenk 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2006 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

how are the sony xplod speakers? any good compared to stock ford from 2003 super duty?

does any know if there are speakers like it but that are blue rather than red? if so what brand and quality?

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Sony speakers suck.
Secondly what is your price range and why do you care about speaker color when they are covered by panels?
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  

they're not the best quality speakers out there, but I wouldn't say they suck.  I would have to agree that the cone color shouldn't affect your decision, the sound of the speakers should.

If you're comparing them to stock speakers, they'll definitely outshine the factory ones. 

Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
jasonschwenk 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged  

i want to cut the door panel and have the speakers show for an added touch of color.

i am only looking to upgrade from stock speakers i am not looking for something crazy just  a better sound than stock they will be powered by an avic-n2

what do you guys recommend that comes in blue? i just liked the styling of the xplod speakers i saw at walmart that is why i brought them up but they are in red

jasonschwenk 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  
also stock is 6x8 how hard would it be to goto 6x9 i haven'e opened the door panel yet
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
If your mountnig them to the outside of the panel to be seen you should have some room to play on sizes. It will  depend on the basket size for mounting a 6x9 some have a wider baksket in which I believe is for a custom fit some have smaller ones for a more factory fit. Pioneer has blue dust caps, fyi they are also decent quality. If you don't want a lot of fiddling stick with the 6x8 or get adapters to go to 6.5".
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
Here is the best tip you can work off of when yorue on a budged. Basically anything you can get at walmart, DONT buy. Walmart is not an audio store, therefore they just buy the cheapest crap they can find - like sony. Now depending on your ford, your stock speakers may be better than some of the lower end aftermarket. A buddy of mine has a brand new f-250 with a stock downfiring sub under the back seat and it sounds pretty damn good for stock. I told him I wouldnt change a thing. If your car is new, You could amplify your stock speakers with proper filtering. Another buddy of mine did that on his scion TC and it sounds way better.
jasonschwenk 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

xtremej wrote:
If your mountnig them to the outside of the panel to be seen you should have some room to play on sizes. It will  depend on the basket size for mounting a 6x9 some have a wider baksket in which I believe is for a custom fit some have smaller ones for a more factory fit. Pioneer has blue dust caps, fyi they are also decent quality. If you don't want a lot of fiddling stick with the 6x8 or get adapters to go to 6.5".

i saw the blue pioneers on crutchfield think they will sound better than ford 2003 stock?

gavin9797 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
Just my two cents here...Like the other posts, color should not matter...if this is a major issue for you than I would suggest going to a local stereo shop...or a few and listen to as many blue speakers as you can. Sound is such a personal thing that you have to find something that fits your ear. We can all suggest our own preferences, but a twenty dollar pair of speakers may sound like a three hundred dollar pair of speakers to someone and visa versa. again just my two cents. As for size, it depends on how much work you want to put into installing them...really the sky is the limit...
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
IMO yes.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic