icon

2006 ford expedition

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, everyone I have a problem, I have and 06 expedition. I was installing a flip down and when I removed the radio I removed the entire bezel and disconnected all plugs including the hvac vacuum lines. Now when everything is reinstalled the A/c heater no longer work. I know That the A/c was working prior to me working on it because I had it on full blast when I was driving it. I've tried everything from checking fuses to disconecting the battery.
Has anyone ever had this problem? Any suggestions or comments would greatly be apperciated. And I just wanted to say thanks in advance
josh1979 
Silver - Posts: 320
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2006 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
i only ask because you did not say it ,but did u pull the HVAC unit back out to check and make sure you pluged evey thing back in. if so does the fan still work , does it light up, when you first unpluged it did you have it running, was the Ignition on. this info will help me help you
bring back the rotary phone so i dont have to press 1 to proceed in english
riceman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2006 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hey josh thanks for the reply. I pulled the panel back out and made sure everything was connected and I also followed the lines down to make sure I didnt accidentally tug on anything. I believe I did have the ignition on when I unpluged the hvac because the shifter had to be in first gear so that i can pull the panel off. The defroster button
still works and the dimmer still works. Thanks
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2006 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
did you start the engine?  The HVAC switching uses engine vacuum to operate and if you release that vacuum, the engine must be started for the vacuum to build and the switch to operate properly.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
riceman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
yea I started the engine and the a/c still didnt work. The funny thing was when I disconnected the vacuum connector and the engine was off the thing still had vacuum for along while. I was tapping my finger over the hole for a couple of minutes. thanks
josh1979 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
ok let see if this is an option. the car is an 06 which means that it should be covered under factory warranty all you did was connect an over head worst thing move your power wireing to the ign harness and tape up the radio harness like factory go to the dealer and say hay the A/C just quit working dont mention anything about the video and get it coverd.  if thats not an option im still thinking on this one and i know some ford techs i can call tomarrow
riceman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
I just wanted to say thanks josh. The funny thing is this is a dealer car. This was ford's flip down
We're only doing the labor for them. Thanks
josh1979 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
well crap that  is not going to work than. i called my ford guy as well as another shop that does lots for ford dealers and the only thing i got from thoes guys were you unpluged it with the ign on and it could have spiked some voltage to the control unit causeing damage get a new one and try it. (you know how factory techs troubleshoot, replace part after part till it works again).
riceman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks josh. Well I guess live and learn. I also did that once on and 04' bmw 330i and the hvac didn't work either. But once I disconected the battery for a few hours it reset and it worked again. All these new cars are like that you can't disconnect anything anymore with the ignition on. IE pass. SRS lights HVAC etc. This is my first screw up in like two yrs so its not that bad my boss aint wized at me. If an installer that I work with can lose a toyota account and not get fired then there you go. Thanks josh for all your help It's guys like you that keep this forum going. Have a great weekend.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 14, 2006 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Does the display on the a/c controls light up when you turn the key, or do you have nothing?  If nothing, backprobe the harness and check for ignition power.  If you can't find it, and you're unable to find a blown fuse anywhere, flip through a manual and find which wire should read ignition power, then run a fused lead there.  In my opinion, ford is using too many unnecessary control modules which only create headaches.  It's amazing what kind of electrical problems creep up on the newer ford products.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic