icon

tricking out my buick century

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
compudude86 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
ok, so i have this 1995 buick century, in decent condition, and i want to do some mods to it. i already built my own LED light rope that i put under the dash, under the seats, and across the bottom of the back bench seat, and tinted the rear side windows to 2.5%. i was at a car show the other day, just hanging out, not trying to show off, and a few people liked my lighting job. well ive decided to expand upon it, i want to make more led rope lighting, and do underglows and wheel wells, but thats not the end of my spark. my job affords me opportunity to come up with creative ideas while sitting here. i also came up with the idea of putting the light rope behind the chrome grille, which should look sweet, and add a fog machine and route some "fog vents" around underneath, along with strobes in various places. anybody have any comments/feasibility/ideas?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

...a Buick Century?

I guess if I had to trick one of these up I'd put in some of those old-style-cum-new-style ports along the front fenders.  Make the fog come out of those...you'll make the late great Harley Earl happy.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
compudude86 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
from what ive heard theres gonna be a lot more of these being tricked out. plus i want to do something original in my area, almost everyone tricks out civics and its old, everyone does it and they have stuff to do civics specifically, i want it to be a challenge more than anything
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hey man if you got it go for it. Have fun with it. But most of all give us pictures to look at.
compudude86 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
most definately!!! i wouldnt do this without pictures!!!
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2006 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Why not, its good to be different right//. I say go for it, we all started somewhere. Post pic and I'll give you some ideas also, I love modifying odd ball stuff. I installed a 100hp shot of nitrous on a plymouth sundance, it was crazy with a pro built 4 cylinder, customized tranny w/race clutch. Absolutelty ridiculous car that looks completely stock:) Get some pisc posted...........
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2006 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
nouseforaname wrote:
stevdart wrote:

...a Buick Century?

I guess if I had to trick one of these up I'd put in some of those old-style-cum-new-style ports along the front fenders. Make the fog come out of those...you'll make the late great Harley Earl happy.

the vents would be pretty cool, but the fog coming out might look like something's wrong with the engine. i haven't heard that those cars are getting popular.......but i can't say anything, my first car when i got my lisence was a '88 ford festiva. hey, i made the most of it, took the 12" rims off, yes 12", and put on some 15"'s. those looked like 20's on such a little car. applied a small custom paint job, a couple layers of 5% tint and 4 lanzar 15" with two lanzar optidrive 250's sitting where the back seat was supposed to go.

all in all, IMO, being different is the thing these days. if you got it, floss it!

Sorry to threadjack but haha when i got my license i had the same car an 88 ford festiva... i hooked it up with a budget pawnshop system. It consisted of a durabrand cd player 20 bucks, Older Mtx 12" in a truck box 30 bucks, wal mart amp 35 bucks, and if i do say so myself i got a lot of compliments on how it sounded in that damn festiva. Most people didn't believe i only had one 12 and that the whole setup was less than 200 bucks haha.
Yeah back on subject though. Get up some pics of your car and i'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions. Those cars are very roomy.
compudude86 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2006 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
yea, i will definately have to get some pics.... i got an amazing stroke of genius while ordering my leds last night, i make my own led lighting, so on the underbody lights i got a great idea, im going to put red, green, and blue leds in clusters, and run the lines to the trunk where i will eventually wire in a controller when i get to buying/building/acquiring one... but for the time being it will be wired to switches in my console to control them, but i thought it would be awesome to be able to switch and mix colors!! me and my brother are still working over my fog ideas and im expecting to get some sub stuff today. will definately get out pics tho
compudude86 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
tricking out my buick century -- posted image. this is my idea for my speaker box, im sure people have some opinions, lets hear it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic