icon

Good Fiber Folk in the Baltimore Area?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigste925 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of car do you have. glassing the trunk could be easy or hard depending on the size of the trunk and brand of sub you use. If you doing Kicker L7 then you gonna need like 75% of your trunk if its a big car or you might have to go vertical if its a smaller car.
sdsmi10 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  

bigste925 wrote:
what kind of car do you have. glassing the trunk could be easy or hard depending on the size of the trunk and brand of sub you use. If you doing Kicker L7 then you gonna need like 75% of your trunk if its a big car or you might have to go vertical if its a smaller car.

My trunk isnt all that big. I have a 2000 Lexus ES300. I have 2 audiobahn 15's right now but I've been thinkin about switching to 1 good strong 15, that way It would be easier to make my trunk look good. I've got a few ideals of how I want my trunk to look but I dont have alot of know how when it comes to fabbing it up just right. I'll post some pictures of my trunk tonight when I get home.

bigste925 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
I thought you were gonna post pics. I know those cars arent very big. I used to work with a guy who had a 15" Rockford HX2 in his truck. It was loving loud. I am not up on Audiobahn subs. I have never used them, installed them, or even heard them. I heard they are supposed to be good but I just dont know. If I were you I would sale those and get a Kicker L7 15 or a CompVX 15.  You could even do a Alpine Type R 15" or a Jl audio 13W7. All of those are subs that will have major output and would only require that you have one sub. This way you wont have to use up all your space in your trunk b/c the sub will be in a sealed box. You can try to make it ported which is going to give you more output. Just make sure you have the amp to push it. I guess if you have 2 15's now that you have a fairly big amp however I could be wrong since I dont know the model of your subs or even how much power they require.
sdsmi10 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2007 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
bigste925 wrote:
I thought you were gonna post pics. I know those cars arent very big. I used to work with a guy who had a 15" Rockford HX2 in his truck. It was loving loud. I am not up on Audiobahn subs. I have never used them, installed them, or even heard them. I heard they are supposed to be good but I just dont know. If I were you I would sale those and get a Kicker L7 15 or a CompVX 15. You could even do a Alpine Type R 15" or a Jl audio 13W7. All of those are subs that will have major output and would only require that you have one sub. This way you wont have to use up all your space in your trunk b/c the sub will be in a sealed box. You can try to make it ported which is going to give you more output. Just make sure you have the amp to push it. I guess if you have 2 15's now that you have a fairly big amp however I could be wrong since I dont know the model of your subs or even how much power they require.
I got a little busy doing some things but here's a picture of my trunk. Its an old picture and its not very good but just to give u an ideal of how big the box is and how much it limits me.
Good Fiber Folk in the Baltimore Area? - Page 2 -- posted image.
I cant remember the exact model of the audiobahns but they're good subs but they just take up too much space. I was looking to go with a set-up similar to this one except with one sub instead of two which would allow the enclosure to be smaller.
Good Fiber Folk in the Baltimore Area? - Page 2 -- posted image.
I've thought about going with 2 or 3 12' subs by pioneer that are extremely slim and only needs 1 cubic ft of space: Pioneer TS-SW3041D But I dont know how good those subs are. I do like the JL 13W7. I've heard nothing but good things about it so that is also another alternative.
allmet33 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
sdsmi10...there's a shop in Glen Burnie calld Vivid Motorsports...Eric is the sound guy.  I was there listening to an Eclipse he put together, all I can say is truly deafening.  He had the whole shop jumping off of 2 Memphis 10's in a ported box.
'06 Hyundai Azera - Pioneer FH-P4200MP / Factory center channel & tweeters / Infinity Kappa 62.7i's; all 4 doors, 2 Phoenix Gold Xenon 10D2 10" subs pushed w/Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 amp
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic