icon

Im deciding bewteen JL10w3v3 VS TC1000s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ty1er 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2006 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  

I Need some help here.  Im looking for some opinions on these to subs that im thinking about getting.

Im either going to pickup a pair of JL10w3v3 or a pair of TC Sounds 10"  TC1000s.  I will be housing them in a .8 to 1 cuft Sealed enclosure, and suppling them with 300RMS each.  Im looking of clean tight accurate bass with deceint output.  I mostly listen to Rock type music. 

At first i was leaning more towards the JLs since they are a very well know company and product good quailty products.  But then i starting reading into TCsounds background.  It seems that they are the OEM buildhouse for (or use to be) Elipse, SS, and a few others.  I havent really found any negitive comments about them when searching throughout the audio forums. But then again, there wasnt alot of comment posted on them. Seems like more of a small group of the same people that praised them. 

If anyone has any personal experience with either of these subs i would apperiate the feedback before if lay down any cash.

thanks for the help -ty1er//

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2006 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
Well, for the money, I'd go with the TC's. I have a pair due in my hands today.
On the TCSounds website, the TC1000 DVC 10" is on sale for $148. The TC's are phenomenal drivers, and are definitely geared toward SQ.
I have used Eclipse subs in my systems for about the last 5 or 6 years, and you are correct, they are OEM'd by TC, and I can say they are truly amazing, especially for sound quality. They are not a terribly efficient driver, and you'll want to hit 'em with all they can take, in order to get any respectable output from them, but I highly recommend them overall...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
ty1er 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2006 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for the reply haemphyst.

What series of the TC are you getting in today?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic