icon

Is optima blue top good for systems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r.a.d racing 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2006 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
I know that the yellow top optima is best for systems, but is the blue top any good. I wanted to get a blue top for under the hood looks, but is the yellow top that much better.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
You could just get a red top for performance benefits and just paint it blue if you really have to have the looks.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
The blue, and yellow are both deep cycle....the red....use it to start the car, THATS ALL......Is optima blue top good for systems - Last Post -- posted image.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:
The blue, and yellow are both deep cycle....the red....use it to start the car, THATS ALL......Is optima blue top good for systems - Last Post -- posted image.
Actually, KarTuneMan, a yelow top should only be used if someone wants to deep cycle their battery repeatedly. This is the type of situation that happens when sitting in a car without the engine running, while listening to the stereo. The RECOMMENDED battery for a car stereo system, if this situation is not happening, is the red-top.
Read here a thread that just came up recently. In that thread is this link which explains, in better detail, the performance differences between the red and yellow Optima batteries.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  

I know the differences between the yellow and the red. Did you read my post....

We all have the facts, and yet we all have a difference of opinion. In my opinion, optima batteries in general for car stereo use. SUCK. There are much better batteries to use, you know it, and I know it. Optima is like DEI....millions of dollars spent on making sure peolpe know the name. Doesn'y make it a better product though. But I'm not here to beat up on DEI, or Optima. And I am past the time of needing links to rudimentary education on automotive electrical systems, and the related. But thank you.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

That second link might be rudimentary education, but it's a good link for the benefit of this thread.  I'm saving it.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well KarTune, what would YOU use other than Optimas or DEI??
KarTuneMan 
Posted: August 16, 2006 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  

Kinetik....Audio force (new to most of you).....

And Yes, the second link IS rudimentary.... (to me) agreed though, it is a bennefit to the thread. No disrespect intended.....

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2006 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
kenitik and audio-force are great batteries
I have currently switched my competition vehicle over to (The V batteries) which is a devision of audio force
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
KarTuneMan 
Posted: August 17, 2006 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
Jeff, so the information I sent you about the batteries has worked out OK for ya .....?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic