icon

What speakers to use

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yositoco 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  

I just bought a 03 single cab f150 (lightning). I'm going to be using my old setup from my other car. I have a alpine CDA 9885 (i think thats the correct number) and 2 old soundstream reference amplifiers a 300 and a 500. I'm planing on using the 300 to power my speakers and the 500 for the sub or subs. So my dilema is I dont know what to get for speakers or subs. I currently have some alpine type r 6.5 in my old car but im going to leave them there.  I dont mind making a adpater to install some 6.5 in the doors but i dont want to cut the doors for tweeter installment. I was looking at the eclipse units that are point aim but not sure if thoose are good enough. Oh and no good shops around here to listen to. On sub im open to suggestions.

Thanks

yositoco 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2006 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  

I'm ore or less decided on the Eclipse point source. The thing is im not sure if i should get the 6.5 or the 5x7.

What eclipse sub would you guys recommend me to get considering it would have limied space and a reference 500 pushing it.

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2006 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Yosit:
Go with the 6.5" over a 5x7. Round woofers are generally thought and found to be more linear than oval woofers.
Go with whatever subwoofer will fit comfortably and properly in the space you have for it. I prefer small sealed boxes over anything ported.
Spend some money deadening those doors and it sounds like you'll have a great system.
Cheers.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
yositoco 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2006 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  

Do you guys think a 6.5 component (the tweeter and the woofer) would fit in a custom made mdf panel in a 6x8 opening? If not im thinking of getting the eclipse I mentioned.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic