icon

Switching open relay to closed on Keypad

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
strykergsr 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

I have sort of a unique question. I bought a keypad starter kill to add to my security system. My compustar 9000FM has a starter kill already so i want to use this for a fuel cut off. I will hide the keypad in the trunk somewhere and whenever i feel my car needs that extra notch of security i will arm the keypad disabling the fuel pump. The reason i want the relay normally closed is so that it won't need to be armed everytime. i just want the fuel pump to be cut off when i enter the code in. I attached a drawing of the diagram as the instructions say to install it (left) and how i think i should hook it up now (right) can someone tell me if this is right? Do I need this relay to be normall closed because i thought I did but I just want to make sure. Thanks for your help

Also here is a link to the keypads specs. http://www.asianwolf.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=1068694|1069136&PRID=1263192

[IMG]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/urmomwasgood/keypad.gif[/IMG]

strykergsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Switching open relay to closed on Keypad -- posted image.
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
hotwaterwizard 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Stockton California
strykergsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2006 at 4:04 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply, here's the setup as i have it now:
i'm starting to think that a keypad isn't the best idea for this. i am sort of leaning towards an e-key that way it's hidden better and easier to install. (for me) i still can't figure out what the blue wire on the starter kill is for or where to hook it up. the e-key would probably be a cat5 wire with the terminal at the end being the 'key' and when you take the terminal out of the holder it disconnects the fuel. i would of course use a relay to make sure it doesn't fry the thin wiring of the cat 5 cable. any further suggestions on doing this? i like this idea because i would only have to take the key out when i feel necessary (more convienience for me) thanks and any input on my diagram would be appreciate it i'm still trying to work out all the bugs on everything.
jake
wishboneattack 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2006 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
If lightining was ever to hit that car.... Switching open relay to closed on Keypad -- posted image.
I am wandering, now, what is in your car for all that?...
I may be lost but I am making good time.
hotwaterwizard 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2006 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

Without a clue to which Control module you have your Questions can not be answered. The link you gave just goes to a website that sells a variety of things. Picking out what you purchased is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

As for your Diagram, Nice job it is one of the best looking diagrams I have seen.

It sure has alot of questions on it.

A little more info on the Modules would help us to help you.

compustar 9000FM  gets me no where on a web search

Stockton California
strykergsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2006 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry. I created a different thread for all that in the other section but no one answered so I hijacked my own thread. lol. Alarm is a Compustar 2W900FMR-A, window module, radar sensor, trunk pop and keypad are all Asianwolf models. Digital Tilt sensor is DEI model. The piezo sirens are 1w/1m mini-piezos from partsexpress.com I know I have a lot of questions on there. I answered most of them myself. I am still wondering if I should hook the light flash to the HIDs or if that's a bad idea. Could I just hook it up to turns and taillights?Is the tilt sensor hooked up correctly? This is the only DEI add-on I have and the install sheet confuses me. It says to connect orange wire to a correct ground-when-armed output or true ignition. I have it (in the diagram) connected to the starter kill output. The Compustar manual says this output supplies a negative 250mA output when system is armed. It also says to connect the blue wire to instant (-) input trigger of alarm. I have it connected to the “Optional Trigger 2nd stage” wire that is also connected to the radar microwave sensor. Is this the right one. Ignore the diodes question I already realized I need them. Lastly, thanks for the diagram comment. I spent perhaps too much time on it.
hotwaterwizard 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2006 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

That gets me somewhere but I can not find a wiring diagram.

compustar 9000FM

Compustar 2W900FM R-A
http://www.compustar.org/
http://www.compustar.org/user_manuals/2W900FMR2ndE_F.pdf

Stockton California
hotwaterwizard 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2006 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

Wow with a little Digging I found These links!

http://www.staub.ca/tech/Manuals/Firstech/CM3000_wiring_manual.pdf

https://www.the12volt.com/downloads/file.asp?ID=355

https://www.the12volt.com/downloads/file.asp?ID=398

Stockton California
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic