oh yeah... shhhhhh..
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, LA
audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2003 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged  
lol.. i love the little pranks we get to play on the new guys......we just had a new guy doing hood work for a starter (hood pin and tach). we told him on dodges you have to go to the #1 injector and wrap it counter clock wise or it will throw a check engine light ...we even gave him a DEI tech document  number .....and he did it !!!! the best part is he has told other people you have to do that !!!! i love not being the new guy!!!!
Smooth04 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2003 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  

What you are thinking of doing is very similar to what I just did in my 2002 Toyota Tundra.  I dissasebled the monitor and pulled out the raw screen and remote eye.  I then made ABS plastic to trim it in the double DIN opening, painted the abs in a satin black finish, and secured it with JB Weld (works best in these applications in my opinion).  The remote eye I hid in the a/c duct of my dash.  This is my first time to post in this forum so I hope i can get the pic to show up.  Let me know if you have any questions regarding my install.

Fiberglass Piece to Hold an LCD Monitor - Page 2 -- posted image.

Robdude30 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2003 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  

Looks great, Smooth04! Where did you mount your HU?

I thought of doing a screen where you put yours, but I would have to move the AC controls and the HU and just don't have the room. I have an F150 and the dash looks very similar to yours. If you can picture this, I plan to make a pod to hold the LCD that mounts to, and blends in with  the radio surround, and would sit on top of the trim piece. The location would be similar to mounting above where your screen is and it would be sticking up above the top of the dash a little.

Smooth04 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2003 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
Thats a cool idea dude, and is probably possible.  I made a fiberglass console for my h/u and placed it on the transmission hump.  Here is another pic.  Forgive the quality of the paint, I was somewhat hurried and didn't have the time to wrap in vinyl.Fiberglass Piece to Hold an LCD Monitor - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic