icon

Relay on until door open?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hemanjoyman 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2006 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know what wire the (-) Door trigger is. I have a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5SE V6. Can anyone please tell me where I can find that wire, and what color it is?
Thanks
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2006 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
By "LF door," you mean the driver side front door? Also, what is a bcm, and what does it look like?...........that is the first I've heard of it. I'm still a newbie.
Thanks
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2006 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to ask, how to diode isolate exactly? I might just do the two front doors, the rear doors aren't really necessary.
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
You said the LF door is on pin 47, but the connector only goes to pin 40. There are two blue wires on there, I tried hooking it to one, and when I hooked the battery back up, my high beams were on, so that didn't work. I tried hooking it to the other blue wire, and that did nothing....I might not of had a good connection though. You also said the RF door is pink/blue......I saw pink wire with a blue stripe in it, I am assuming that is it, but I did not even try to connect that one because I want to make sure I do it right.
There are three connectors on that BCM.....one connector has only about 6 wires or so on it, this connector is white; the other has maybe 20 or so wires on it, this connector is black; the last connector is white, and it has 40 pins, but not all have connectors, this is the one with the most wires on it though.
I want to know if I wired up the relays correctly....I followed the diagram, so I'm pretty sure it's correct. Right now I am reading 12V at the diodes that are supposed to connect to the (-) Door triggers on the doors. When I connect those diodes to ground, I get a reading of pretty close to zero volts, about 0.5V I believe, so I am assuming it is working because that's what the (-) Door triggers should do right, ground the relay so the latch will open up and cut the voltage. The only thing I noticed is that once I remove the diodes from ground, the 12V comes right back.....I thought the latch was supposed to stay open until the car was turned on again....or is it once the door is open, the connection stays to ground and then goes back to 12V once the car turns on, I am a bit confused on that part.
Please help.
wishboneattack 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
My guess is your at the wrong connector. Some of the foriegn cars, the BCM is attached to the fuse box and can look like a bunch of wires going into the fuse box. Try looking behind the fuse box, if you can. Sometimes "to the right of" might be if you were looking up at it from the back side. And check this link for more info on door triggers and diodes. https://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp and https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/doorlocks.asp
12volts      green (40A)       +       ignition harness
Starter      BLACK/ red       +       ignition harness
Ignition      BLACK/ red       +       ignition harness
Power Lock      brown       -       BCM to right of fuse box, pin 45
Notes: These wires are only available on vehicles with left front only power window anti-pinch system. On vehicles with left AND right front power window anti-pinch system, use the factory alarm arm and disarm wires for door locks.
Power Unlock      pink       -       BCM to right of fuse box, pin 46
Notes: These wires are only available on vehicles with left front only power window anti-pinch system. On vehicles with left AND right front power window anti-pinch system, use the factory alarm arm and disarm wires for door locks.
Lock Motor      yellow/red       5wi      BCM to right of fuse box, pin 65
Unlock Motor      GREEN / WHITE       5wi      BCM to right of fuse box, pin 59
Parking Lights+      RED / blue       +       driver kick, harness to rear
Parking Lights-      N/A            
Hazards      GREEN/ red       -       BCM to right of fuse box, pin 29
Turn Signal(L)      GREEN/ black       +       BCM to right of fuse box, pin 60
Turn Signal(R)      GREEN/ YELLOW       +       BCM to right of fuse box, pin 61
Door Trigger      see notes       -       BCM to right of fuse box
Notes: The LF door is lt. blue in pin 47, RF door is pink/blue in pin 12, LR door is RED / black in pin 48, and RR door is RED / white in pin 13. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision      red       -       BCM to right of fuse box, pin 63
Trunk/Hatch Release      RED / black or blue/red       -       BCM to right of fuse box, pin 30
Power Sliding Door      N/A            
Factory Alarm Arm      pink/blue       -       driver door module in door, pin 4
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
This wire will also lock the doors.
On vehicles with left front only power window anti-pinch system, this wire is found at the BCM to the right of the fuse box, pin 8.
Factory Alarm Disarm      WHITE/ blue       -       driver door module in door, pin 5
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
Single pulse on this wire will disarm the factory alarm, and double pulse will unlock the doors.
On vehicles with left front only power window anti-pinch system, this wire is found at the BCM to the right of the fuse box, pin 7.
Disarm No Unlock      see factory alarm disarm            
Horn Trigger      GREEN / WHITE       -       steering column
Memory Seat 1      N/A           
Memory Seat 2      N/A            
Memory Seat 3      N/A            
Interface Module:      Category:
Immobilizer Bypass      Required:
Yes      Type:
Transponder
Part #: 556UW
Alternate Part1 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes:
Smart Starter Kill Relays:      Relay Type:
Starter Relay      Location:
Engine compartment fusebox, Passenger side, 1st relay on left
Part #: 6408A
Notes: Aux. power can be connected to any fuse that has power when the ignition is in the off position
Alternate Notes: 6408A, Fuel Pump Relay, Engine compartment fusebox, Passenger side, 1st relay on right
warning      
This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed Electronics assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. I assume no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
I may be lost but I am making good time.
wishboneattack 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't mean to confuse the guy... I did a toyota the other day and directech said to the right and it was in the back and to the right... Relay on until door open? -- posted image.
I may be lost but I am making good time.
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, ok, I thought you meant to look at the fuse box from the front. I looked at it from the front, and there is a black box next to it, and it has a sticker that says BCM on the back of it with room for four connectors I believe, but only has three on it. So I have too look at the fuse box from facing it from the rear under the dash, then look to right, right?
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
You did a 2005 Nissan Altima??? I don't even see a wire that is RED / back for the LR door, not that I'm going to do that door, but anyway. I still don't see a connector that has more than 40 pins on, so I don't see how some can be on pin 47 or pin 48.
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Also, looking at the fuse box from under the dash, facing the seat, the fuse box is on the left, and the black square box that says is the BCM, is to the left of it. So I am even further confused now. To the right of the fuse box, there is a row of three connectors, wich connect into another row of three connectors, that's it.
I am about to just give up on this thing because I can't even find the (-) Door trigger.
hemanjoyman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
I know it is all wired correctly, because I hold the wire that is supposed to go to the (-) Door trigger to a ground point, just any bolt attached to the car's chassis, and then I turn the key off and remove it from the ignition, and the radio keeps playing until I remove the wire from ground point, then the radio shuts off. I just need to find the correct point to connect the wires to. Someone please help, maybe I am misunderstanding what wires to look for, or the car that nousforaname worked on is different than mine.
Thanks
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic