icon

1995 Acura Integra with Compustar Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
strykergsr 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

A few beginning notes before I address my concerns. This is a long post, so anyone not wanting to read please turn back now! I have a lot of questions about my install and I am not saying you have to answer every single one, but I would appreciate anyone and everyone's help. I install a lot of electronics on mine and others cars, but this is admittedly my first car alarm attempt. I have a pretty good handle on it and have read as much info on here as possible and also have made myself a color coded diagram to help with the install. Before I start the install though I want to address some questions/concerns I have about certain connections on the alarm. Some people might think they are stupid questions (sorry) but I couldn't find any answers to them. So here it goes:

First, the diagram (I spent quite a bit of time on it); I have made all the questions I have red boxes on the diagram:

1995 Acura Integra with Compustar Alarm - Last Post -- posted image.

Now for the questions:

1. Window Up/ Down outputs- are they connected to the right outputs on the alarm brain? I want the window to roll up automatically upon arming of the system (hence I connect window up to re-arm input) AND roll all the way down if I hit aux. 1 with alarm disarmed, roll 2 inches down if I hit aux 1 with alarm armed AND vent automatically at it’s own discretion when the temperature gets too hot. Compustar manual says default is a 5 second pulse, and can be changed to latch.

2. Keypad Fuel Kill “Alarm output”- is it needed and where does it go? Also, what does it do? Keypad is the Asianwolf model. Will the Keypad work like I have it wired currently? I want it to be a fuel cut off switch instead of starter disable. I want the keypad to only disconnect power to fuel pump when I enter in the code. Once I enter in the code again, I want the fuel pump to be re-connected. This is because I don’t want to have to use the keypad all the time- only when I feel necessary.
3. Trunk release- Where does the switch go to open the trunk electronically from the inside (without the alarm remote.) It seems like it would go before the brain output connects to the relay. I want to be able to open my trunk without the alarm, so long as the alarm is already disarmed and doors are unlocked, etc. (Ex.- If I am working on my car and need to pop the trunk for something, I shouldn’t have to use the remote.
4. Is the tilt sensor hooked up correctly? This is the only DEI add-on I have and the install sheet confuses me. It says to connect orange wire to a correct ground-when-armed output or true ignition. I have it (in the diagram) connected to the starter kill output. The Compustar manual says this output supplies a negative 250mA output when system is armed. It also says to connect the blue wire to instant (-) input trigger of alarm. I have it connected to the “Optional Trigger 2nd stage” wire that is also connected to the radar microwave sensor. Is this the right one and do I need diodes for either of the wires on this sensor. (I think I do since I am putting two sensors to one wire on the alarm.)
5. Is the RPS sensor required on this model of alarm? (Compustar 2W900FMR) I don’t see the purpose of it. I guess I will install it just in case, but why would someone want to ‘page’ me from my own car? It’s like a beeper for my car? Does anyone know the purpose of this sensor?
6. How do I wire more than one siren to the single siren output? I want the two mini piezos to have battery backup in case someone cuts wire to the battery, but they are only 1w/1m ( http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=330-067) so can’t I just add a capacitor to store enough juice for them for say…5-10 minutes? What size cap would you suggest?
7. My car has HIDs. Now when the alarm is hooked up to the parking light does that mean it’s going to flash the HIDs every time I arm it? I don’t think it’s worth firing the ballasts for that. How do I approach this?

Again, sorry for the long post. Better safe than sorry I want this install to go as smoothly as possible.

strykergsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
1995 Acura Integra with Compustar Alarm - Last Post -- posted image.
strykergsr 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Ouch, I guess when I said "Turn back now" everyone did lol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic